Thursday, July 31, 2008

My kiddies...

So, I don't have any pictures to go with this post (sorry Mom), but just a little update on what my kids have been up to.

Carter loves going to the puppet time at the library. It's actually a different performance every Wednesday and this last week was a ventriloquist. He wasn't so sure about it (it was probably geared more towards ten year olds) and he would look over at me to kind of make sure that the show was ok, and not scary. I would smile at him and then he would smile back and two minutes later he would look back at me with that same concerned look, and I would smile, as if to say, it's ok, this is fun, and then he would smile back. It was cracking me up.

He still loves to call me "Sweetie" and I don't complain. Just today I was talking to my mom I hear this little voice from his room yelling, "Hey, Sweetie! Come here!" Carter is a being a little sass-a-frass. He likes to shout "Stop!" a lot. And I have received a few punches from him.

He also has turned into quite the little mother to Andi. He is always trying to stop her from getting into stuff (that he just got into moments before). I hear a lot of "Andi, uh-oh" throughout the day. Whenever he accidentally bumps into Andi or knocks her over, he'll always say, without being prompted to, "Sorry Andi." It is so sweet.

My little Carter will not eat fruit!! He won't eat bananas, blueberries, strawberries, nothing! Applesauce on occasion, but that's lucky. He loves his veggies though: raw carrots, avocado, green beans, steamed broccoli... weird.

Carter also loves to do anything Dad is doing. If Jefferson squats down to be at eye level to Carter, Carter will squat down. If Jefferson is leaning against the counter talking to me, Carter will come lean against the cabinets next to him. Carter puts on deodorant every morning. He goes over, grabs Jefferson's deodorant off the counter, pulls the cap off, pulls his shirt off, and then rubs it all over his belly.

Another common phrase out of his mouth is, "What you doing Daddy/Mama?" He asks us that about a hundred times every day.

I love how much he has grown up. I can kind of have a conversation with him. I love to hear him talk and watch him jump and dance and run.

Now Andi, she is being a little fuss budget this week, but I love her to death! She gets so upset if I get upset at her. If I get after her for getting into something she shouldn't, she gets this little pouty lip and starts to cry. It's so stinkin' cute that I immediately swoop her up and give her loves.

This lady gives some awesome kisses, open mouthed, tongue out, slobbery! YUM! She says hi, whoa, and mama. That's about it. No walking just yet, but she'll Mogli walk it when she's on a hard surface.

This girl loves her brother. She will climb up onto his bed any chance she gets. If Carter is asleep while she's up she'll crawl over to his door and just bang on the door.

We can finally put Andi's hair in a ponytail holder. It's so cute! My little girl. It's about the only girly thing about her. :) She is a mama's girl and I love it. She doesn't mind if other people hold her, but if I'm within an arms reach she'll dive over to get in my arms. It's always a good pick me up for me.

I get so many compliments on how well behaved my kids are and I could not agree more. I would like to think it has something to do with my parenting, but really, anybody who knows me knows that I am just super blessed with the most awesome kids ever! Love these little beings who keep me entertained and on my toes!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Even without pictures I could see your sweet babies........love them please! Fun to hear about their personalities! Give them lots of loves and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa!

Robyn said...

You ARE so blessed! I always enjoy spending time with your little fam. Those kids are a-dor-a-ble!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Your kids truly are wonderful - hopefully one day I will be blessed with well behaved children...we'll see...