Thursday, November 12, 2009

.rAnDoM.

Here's what we've been up to.This is a typical morning in our kitchen. My kids LOVE dancing (as do Jefferson and I, but you'll notice there is no video of us up. You can thank me later). Carter was a little subdued the morning we took this, but here is a glimpse at our future "So You Think You Can Dance"ers.
Carter still loves his teepee. This is how we found him after naps one day. I cannot keep clothes on this boy. Every time I turn my head he is stripping down to his undies. I know this is normal (or at least I hope it is), but it drives me crazy some days. His clothes are always strewn about the house, he comes to the door in his underwear, and his nose is always running because he's cold from going almost naked! Plus, he has no fat on him to keep him warm. Also note that his underwear are on backwards, and there still is plenty of room for his bum, or lack thereof, in there. Skinny boy!
Andi helping mom make brownies. She is not a mess at all! I feel like her 'bangs' (which aren't bangs. i have never cut them, that's just the length her hair is) are stuck at this length. They need to get a little bit longer so they don't just hang directly in her face. That, or she could just leave her clips in her hair that I put in every morning to keep her hair from doing this exact thing. :)
Carter is totally into learning letters and saying what things start with. Today we started a preschool in our ward that meets once a week and rotates houses. There is a letter of the week, so this is right up Carter's ally. We thought we would mix things up and I let the kids color on our sliding glass door with dry erase markers. Carter asked me to write his name, so I did, and then he started to copy the letters. See the 'c' and 'A' in black?
Taytum and Carter have a little special bond. Carter spends much of his day hovering over Tay talking and singing to her. He is the one who gets the biggest smiles out of her, as you can see.
Just hanging out.
And whose little girl is this?! It certainly isn't my baby Tay. She is looking so old. I love this little lady; crying, fussing, spitting up, and all.

19 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love those kiddos! So glad we get to see you all again soon. And I love seeing Tay in that shirt with her bow - what a doll!

Hayley Hatch said...

How fun! I miss your little family! Tay is growing up so fast! And I love that Carter hangs out in his teepee :) And little Ms. Andi looks so grown up too!

suzanne said...

Is that really Tay? My goodness - she really has her own little look now and I'm just not seeing Carter or Andi in her at all! Great pics of all the kiddies. They are growing up too fast. Make them stop.........PLEASE!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Looks like everyday in the Harmon house is the FUN house! :)

Hannah said...

I can't keep clothes on my kids either. It drives me crazy! Actually, Tates underwears are put on backwards half the time too. lol! how funny! I agree with your mom, Taytum really is getting her own look. Loved the video. Your kids are so gorgeous.

Robyn said...

Miss you all! I absolutely loved the dancing video, especially Andi singing along. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff and Amy said...

Great updates! You guys always look like you are having tons of fun! Ahh, to be a kid again.

Dyan said...

I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who know Beyonce! :) Andi must have seen the music video b/c she sure is busing out some of the moves! Tay's outfit is about the cutest thing ever! And Kaleb just said at lunch today that Carter is his favorite person in the world!

Warrior Princesa said...

taytum is so big!!! i can't believe it!! and her hair cracks me upt! it's so dark and sticky up. i love it!

A-Train said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having my kids dancing around to Beyonce!!! And if it makes you feel any better, I used to strip naked all the time between 2-4 yrs--not even the underwear stayed on. At least Carter has some sense of propriety! :)

Jaime said...

Oh my! Could she look any more grown up?! I can't believe it! Your kiddos are just so cute.

The Jen said...

Umm description of naked or almost naked Carter, word for word description of Gwen. Word for word, including the (atleast I hope this is normal)

dkkemp said...

I love Andi's booty shake! What a cutie! And Taytum is getting so dang big! I can't believe how grown-up she looks, and she is just beautiful!

jacque said...

That picture of Tay cracking up at Carter is priceless. Lovin' her outfit too!

Robyn said...

I just had to come back for a second helping of Carter and Andi's dancing. Love those kids!

Kirstin said...

I think you've got your very own Justin Timberlake in the back there. (did you see that SNL skit where he's a backup dancer to that song? if not you got to check it out!)
Miss you guys. New Moon won't be the same with out you! :)

Rohatinsky Family said...

Wow, you seriously have the cutest kids. I love the dancing video- your kids dance better than I do. And Tay is so adorable, she really is looking so grown up. I love her dimples.

Trishelle said...

Isn't this what a beautiful life is all about?! You all look so absolutely happy. It serves you guys right!

Pieces of me... said...

I had to laugh with Carter in the teepee with is undies on backwards... LOL! It just reminds me of my boy. :) By the way, can I just say your kids are down right adorable!!!!!!!