I can't even begin to explain how wonderful my birthday was this year. It all started when I found out I didn't have to work that weekend! What a great birthday present from the family I work for. Then, my husband, being the super excited over surprises man that he is, could not wait to give me my birthday present until Sunday (my birthday), so he surprised me at lunch on Friday and came home and gave me a new digital camera. A Canon Rebel. It is so nice and fancy and fun to play with. I was so surprised.
That night some of my girlfriends took me out to dinner. I wish I had a picture of all of us! (remember how I just got that nice, new camera? Where was it?!) We sat in the restaurant from 7-11, literally, just chatting. It wasn't super busy or else we would never be that inconsiderate to waiting customers. It was so fun just to catch up
kidless.
Saturday I went out Christmas shopping with Andi and Jefferson's Aunt Di. We hit up a number of stores and then she treated us to lunch. Again, it was so fun to shop without kids. Andi doesn't count because she was just so thrilled to be out with the ladies that she behaved perfectly and we didn't even know she was there half the time. She was just taking it all in. After lunch I went to a home decor boutique that Jefferson's cousin was throwing. I may have bought a few things for the girls room. The whole day Jefferson just took care of the house and kids. It was so nice!
That night Jefferson took me out to
Tacano's with our friends Casey and Kacey. It was DIVINE. Yum and yum. Here we are at the restaurant:


And the joyous birthday singing. They make you stand up and shake a tambourine. I made the most of it...


After dinner, a movie. We went and saw "Morning Glory." It was cute and predictable. There was a little bit of language, definitely a rent it if you're going to see it. But it was still super fun and it made me laugh out loud a number of times.


It was a grand evening out. Then, finally, it was my actual birthday! It was a pretty typical Sunday. I was sung to in primary and we just had a relaxing day at home. Jefferson cooked me a most delicious
tri-tip and the kids helped me make a cake.


Isn't it lovely?


Then with the help of the kiddos, I blew out the candles and it was the end of a very perfect birthday weekend.
8 comments:
That sounded like an awesome birthday weekend! I forgot we have the same birthday month! Happy Birthday to you!
Indeed a very merry birthday to you! The cake reminds me of the one in Sleeping Beauty. Make it pink! No make it blue! haha Glad you have enjoyable festivities!
yah for birthdays! I love celebrating multiple days in a row! You are gorgeous as always!!!
Happy birthday!!
Happy Birthday! My favorite part of the commentary was defiantly "I may have bought some things for the girls room." I thought that was cute. Sounds like a great fun weekend that was most fitting for a great mom and wife like you!
I'm glad to see you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve it! We need to catch up sometime soon!
Dani girl! So so glad one of us had a fun birthday. And I am incredibly sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday on FB. We will be in Boise on the 19th-27th of December. We hope you guys will be around so we can see you. I haven't even met your kids yet. Hope things are going well for you guys. Do you know what gender your unborn babe is yet?
Happy Birthday a little late!!
Post a Comment