Saturday, October 29, 2011

Carter is so bright! He really is just blossoming in school. He is quiet and soft spoken so I worry sometimes he may get over looked. His teacher however has not over looked him. We had our first parent teach conference last week and Mrs Sahni had nothing but shining remarks for him. He met or surpassed all of the benchmarks for his grade. Mrs Sahni said he was very aware and respectful of all the other students, that he always raised his hand to speak, and that he was really good at keeping his eyes on the teacher. I have witnessed this first hand volunteering in his class and he really is awesome. In fact, Mrs Sahni said she wishes she had more Carter's in her class.

Last week she sent home a "challenger homework" packet, meaning that Carter finishes his work really fast and needs a little more to do. There were probably at least ten pages in there, some with new concepts, some with cutting and gluing, some with familiar concepts. He sat down to do "a few of the pages" one day last week. After a couple of pages I asked if he wanted to be done and work on them another day, he said "Nope." I asked after every couple of pages and he just wanted to keep trucking. He had the whole thing finished in less than an hour. I was super impressed and he completed it all perfectly. He is very self motivated and quick to pick up new concepts.

And though I am so very proud of how well he is doing in school, I am even more proud with how he conducts himself in class and on the playground. He is so kind to everyone, so good at taking turns, so good at being respectful to everyone, and such a great example. That is way more important and I am so glad he is the boy that he is. I am so lucky to be his mom.

No comments: