Thursday, January 19, 2012

TTHR

"Take the High Road" has been the Stewart family motto for as long as I can remember. My parents would call out "TTHR!" to us as we left the house growing up. When we would ask what we should do in certain situations my parents would simply say, "TTHR." It can be applied to almost every situation or confrontation we may find ourselves in. We have yet to make up our own Harmon family motto, and am not sure we can think of a better one. I still keep this motto in mind and try to apply it in my life. I think I have used it more in this past month than at any other time in my life. It can be kind of hard to do some times. :)

4 comments:

suzanne said...

We still say it all of the time to each other and yes, it can be very difficult. However, that being said, it truly is the best advice ever given and/or taken........ Good luck.....

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Thanks for this. I think I am going to need it in the next few months.

Dyan said...

Whenever I hear this phrase I get the song "Route 66" stuck in my head for days! Like how I read this a few days ago...and I'm still singing it! Something with the take the high....way travel my way....and on from there! I suppose good advise leads to good music! Can't really go wrong with Nat King Cole or John Meyer (if you've seen the end of Cars which I'm sure you have) stuck in my head for a week! :)

The Jen said...

I love that motto, we might make it an addendum to ours which is "Grahams do hard things." Our kids hate it right now, hope it serves them in the future.