This post is going to sound like I'm complaining, but I promise, I'm not. I just want a realistic description of how I've been feeling so that in a year or two when I am getting the baby itch and thinking that it's about time to get pregnant and glorifying pregnancy in my mind, I can look back on this and remember the honest truth of it. About 50% of my waking hours I feel like there is a knife stabbed in my back. I honestly can't imagine being stabbed would feel worse. I would not be surprised to find that if we took an x-ray that I have cracked ribs. That would be possible, right? I always have rib issues when I'm pregnant, but this time seems worse. I suppose being a little older this time around and this being my fifth pregnancy probably contribute to my aches and pains. Something new this pregnancy: when I stand up from sitting for an extended amount of time, or if I walk too quickly, or if I walk uphill, I get achy, achy pain in my right hip and down my right leg. Sleeping is nonexistent. It must be my body's way of acclimating me to no sleep in preparation of when baby boy comes. What I really want to do is sleep on my back, which I probably would do if it didn't make me feel like I couldn't breath and that my insides were being smashed. Side sleeping it is, with a pillow between my legs and under my belly, but I still have sore hips, back, and occasionally shoulders. My braxton hicks are out of control, like usual. This is nothing new, but nevertheless, they are a constant presence this pregnancy. Whenever I have one I feel like my ribs are being smashed together and I have to pee.
All that being said, I really do love having babies and being pregnant. I love the big, rolling movements of baby in my belly. I mostly enjoy the smiles and kind comments of random people around town. And though I have always thought myself a good pregnant person, I find myself being glad that this is the last go around for us. Let the count down begin! 28 days!
5 comments:
Ugh. That sounds miserable! Have you tried doing any gentle yoga to ease your hip pain? There are a lot of hip openers we have done in my prenatal yoga class that might feel good to you! Google it. :)
Thinking of you! xo
LOL my sentiments exactly. However, I would have to add that my tummy skin feels like it is going to rip apart at any second like in some kind of terrible alien movie. Graphic, no? Only 17 more days!
Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to! I've already been more uncomfortable this pregnancy and I'm only at the beginning! Must be our almost 30 bodies :) Well, you look great if that's any comfort! And I doubt you last those 28 days so hang in there, I'm sure baby boy will join us sooner than later!
Cute bathing suit! Sorry you're not feeling well a lot of the time-- I'm glad you're in the homestretch. And I like your idea of documenting the difficult part so that later you can't sugar coat the memories. I think I'm gonna have to do that too.
Hi, Sweet Girl--
I am so sorry you are struggling some with aches and pains. Can you accept some "older mommy" advice? What you are feeling in your back and leg is likely sciatica. I had it A LOT in pregnancies. It is caused by the baby sitting on and compressing the sciatic nerve which runs from the lumbar region down through the pelvis and into the leg. There are some exercises that helped me: sit up straight on the floor cross-legged for a while; sit up straight on the floor with your heels together and gently lean forward; sit on a straight chair and put one heel at a time on the opposite knee- lean forward slightly; get on your hands and knees and gently do a few "cat" stretches (arch your back). Also, it really helped at night in bed for Rand to press his knee against my lower back. And when you are standing, try not to let your belly pull your pelvis forward (I know, practically impossible!); stand evenly on both feet with your hands down to your sides and rotate your hips backward for a few seconds. Being in a swimming pool also helps to "float" the baby off that nerve. Good luck! And keep remembering the wonderful outcome of all of this!
Fondly,
Marcia Hale
Post a Comment