Friday, January 18, 2013
Crazy sick
We are the most sick that we have ever been in our house. It started on Sunday with Taytum. She seemed perfectly fine when we got to church, but by the time we got half way through primary, she looked terrible. Her eyes were red and puffy and she was shivering and complaining about being cold. I took the kids home after our first block of church and opted to skip the Spanish branch. Luckily on Monday morning I already had a Drs appointment for Beckett. He had been sounding a little cruddy and coughing quite a bit so I had them check for RSV and take a look at Tay while we were there. Taytum had a temp of 105, an ear infection, and pink eye in both eyes. And Beckett tested positive for RSV. Awesome. Taytum looked so terrible Monday night that it had me in tears and we had Jefferson give her a priesthood blessing. So grateful to have the priesthood in my home! We have been at home since then, just trying to avoid spreading our sickos and trying to get everyone better. Every time I think we're turning a corner somebody seems to nose dive again. Bentley has had a runny nose and fever all week, and yesterday her eyes were getting the pink eye look, goopy and pink. Tay is on an antibiotic, we got natural over the counter eye drops for Bentley and we've been doing saline with the bulb syringe on Beckett around the clock. I have been doing laundry like crazy, spraying sanitizer on pillows and couches, boiling toothbrushes and binkies daily, making Tay sleep in her own room, cloroxing every surface at least twice a day, vacuuming, hand washing like crazy, taking temperatures, handing out ibuprofen every four hours, and wiping noses every five minutes. I feel like I am going crazy! Luckily Jefferson and my mom have been taking good care of me. Jefferson has brought me lunch, flowers, and multiple diet cokes. My mom has been taking Carter and Andi to and from school so I didn't have to take the sick ward out. She's brought over snacks for the kids, diet cokes, and magazines. On the up side, I've got a lot of things done around the house, lots of cleaning, caught up on laundry, and cut out and laminated a bunch of FHE lessons and flannel board stories. I am praying that we can avoid Carter and Andi catching all our yuckies. I know that the chances of that are slim to none, but a girl can hope! Send healthy vibes our way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel like I should go wash my hands from just reading this! :) Hope you all survive and get better asap!
and your blog looks cute! :)
Post a Comment