Oh
Beckett Boy... He is such a joyful, handful. Ever since he was sick he
has been crying a bit more and a little less content. The boy does not
like his carseat at all! He cries and arches his back almost every time I
put him in it. That being said, he is usually pretty easily
distract-able. If he starts to whine or cry I can usually make some
crazy face and sound or say "Boo!" in his face and he'll light up into
his big smile. He's still not much of a chatter or giggler. He likes
being tickled, just doesn't do a typical baby giggle. He rolled over
from back to tummy on January 31st (of course when neither Jefferson nor
I was there to witness it) and then from tummy to back the next day!
He's done it only a few times since. He's sleeping through the night, or
at least not waking up to eat. He will occasionally wake up crying in
the middle of the night, but we just pop his binky back in and he's
sound asleep. He loves sucking on his fist or fingers, so I am very
diligent about popping his binky back into his mouth. Beckett is a major
drooler. He loves watching people and being with everyone. He does not
love laying on the ground, sitting in his bouncy or his swing, but
prefers to be held. We can convince him to lay on the ground for a while
if one of the siblings is entertaining him. He loves bath time, just
not the getting in or the getting out part. He also does not love being
lotioned up, but does have super dry, scaly skin on his arms and thighs.
He no longer wants to be snuggled or lay content in my arms. He wants
to be sitting up taking in the world. I did snag a few snuggles the
other night and he even dozed off in my arms. It was so yummy and sad to
know it might be the last time I get delicious baby snuggles from one
of my own. I love my big owl eyed baby!
1 comment:
Hey Danielle any advice on removing the binky later on. I'm having a really hard time getting Kieran to give it up.
Regards
Brooke
PS he sure is a cute one
Post a Comment