Friday, December 7, 2007

A Christmas tag

I was tagged by my sister-in-law Jaime. It's a different one than before, so read on....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. I love buying cute ribbons and bows. And if you are really in the mood it's fun to add something like a jingle bell or an ornament on top. So fun.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Real. I love the smell. Plus, going out into the forest, finding the perfect tree, cutting it down, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, bringing it home and cutting off about ten feet because you forget how small your house is, especially when the tree looked so small compared to all the other trees in the forest, and then decorating it is half the fun!

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? The day after Thanksgiving. We always chop it down the same day each year.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. When it's over, it's over. :)

5. Like egg nog? Oh heavens no! I think it is the thickest, most disgusting drink I have ever tried. My husband loves it though, so we usually have some in our fridge during the holidays.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my parents collect them and have over 35, so we have started our own collection, it consists of seven as of now.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My dad built me a doll house one year that was beautiful. I also recall a really funny home video of myself rocking out in the living room with my boom box. That was a pretty sweet gift too.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Jefferson!!! He is so picky!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Carter. He loves everything and is so easily amused. I love kids!

10. Worst Christmas gift? I don't ever recall a really bad one. I mean, some that aren't my favorite, but there is always a lot of thought put into them, so that makes me like them, at least to some degree. (though I never did wear that turtleneck with the scotty dogs all over it) :)

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail. I think it's so much more personal. However, ecards would be a whole lot easier and cheaper. Look at me... we didn't even do any Christmas cards this year! I'm a slacker!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas, hands down. However, after talking to a number of people I have discovered it may have to be a movie that you grow up with to appreciate. Elf is up at the top of my list too. That movie is hilarious! Ok, and I like The Grinch, and all the old classics like It's a Wonderful Life. *Sigh* I love that one!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Months in advance. Then the cost doesn't hit you all in one month and you can find way better sales. I do love the holiday bustle though.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Christmas present? No. Wedding present? Just once... it was a popcorn popper that we got a couple of. Don't tell!

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? My mom's bran muffins on Christmas morning! Holy cow they are delicious! I could eat a dozen! Also sugar cookies. Yum!

16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear (aka white)

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Is it really possible to choose just one? White Christmas, Joy to the World, Oh Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard on High.... I could go on and on. I love them all.

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? Right now we travel while our kids are so young. Eventually we will definitely be a stay at home for Christmas family.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Yes, I have Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer memorized.

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star. I have never seen a cute angel. They all look like crazy haired barbies.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? We always have pajamas and an ornament to open Christmas eve, then the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I love the Christmas season and I think pretty much everything that goes along with it. However, I do find it annoying when people forget the true meaning of Christmas. And Portland drivers do not know how to drive in snow! That drives me crazy!

Ok, I don't think anybody did the tag the last time I did this, but let's try again. I'll just tag a bunch of people and see if anyone does it: Ie Li, Alli, Dyan, Shauna, Natalie, Hayley, Maylin, Jess, Claire... you're it!

5 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

no punn intended on #22? haha love it!

Jaime said...

Way to go, such cute answers and thanks for the tip of the nativity---the one I want is the Willow...I'll have to be first in line the day after! Hey, could you please send your address to my email? Thanks girl! Take care.

Dyan said...

that was fun to read about you! and you'll be proud that I fulfilled your tag request!

Maylin said...

That dollhouse from your dad sounds pretty special. I hope you're having a good break. I'm sure you're having fun especially now that Jefferson is back with you. Hooray for 3 weeks of vacation!!

breena rae said...

I still need to do the last tag you did on me...new years resolution. You're so cute, I love seeing what you write. Have a very happy christmas with your two kids!