Saturday, March 15, 2008

This week

Jefferson is in the middle of national boards this weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) and then he starts finals on Monday. Needless to say, we haven't seen much of him around our house this last week. We have been doing anything we can to kill the time...

* Daydreaming what it would be like to be down in Palm Springs with a friend, sitting pool side, sipping a diet coke. (that's where my mom is right now)

*Strolling around Target with our dollar popcorn and drink combo. Spilling a whole thing of animal crackers all over the floor, then spilling the remainder of our bag of popcorn all over the floor of the car, and losing the key to my car. (I did all three of those things all by myself, I can't even blame my kids!)

*Learned that there still are good, honest people out there when I found the key to my car wrapped around my door handle. (I didn't even know I had lost it until I found it there!)

*Going out to dinner with my dad. He has meetings for work up in Portland about once a month. It's one of the things that we will miss most when we move in a year and a half... our monthly outings with my dad. He usually has meetings until about 4, then we go and pick him up and go shopping or just walking around wherever, then out to dinner, and then we drop him off at the airport. Last night we went to Red Robins. It was delicious!

*Packing. We are moving in a week. It's just a few blocks away, but man, packing this apartment all by myself is hard work.

*One last girls night with my good friend Michelle who is moving on Tuesday. We are so sad to see her go, but so excited for her to be finished with the "chiropractic student's wife" bit.

*Watching Michelle's kids while she packs and her husband is in clinicals. It's a nice way to break up our day and Carter and Michael love playing together while Baylie entertains Andi. It's actually a break for me!

*Not watching movies! I wanted to put one on tonight, but I got a little over zealous and already packed them up.

*Going to bed early. Our bunny ears aren't picking up anything that exciting tonight so I might as well catch a few extra zzz's to prepare myself for church tomorrow. I am going to brave it with my two kids by myself. Wish me luck! :)

5 comments:

Jessie said...

ive been to target like 5 times these past 2 weeks! haha, strollin'!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. I am sorry that you have to pack....I hate packing! It will be fun to be in a new place though. I am a little jealous. Apartment living gets a little old so changing it up is kind of fun sometimes!

Dyan said...

Hope you survived church...I definately feel for you on that one! Now that we go earlier it's amazing the difference in behavior...for the better fortunately! Hopefully you won't have to get too familiar with the set up yet! How's Carter liking nursery these days anyway?

Emmett and Ashlee said...

Sounds like us this week, today we even walked around the dollar store for no reason at all. My kids are missing their cousins, we all better get together soon.

suzanne said...

So, Palm Springs was just as you imagined...........A.Mazing!

You know, you wouldn't have to miss those outings with your dad/grandpa if you just moved here! I have a pool........horses.........atv's....kayaks..........interested?

Loves.........mom