Us girls always seemed to have an activity during any "down time." We had a naughty nighty shower for Alli while the boys went out shopping for golf shoes. We did card making during nap time, jewelry making, and lots of gabbing and game playing.
There seemed to be a different activity every night too. We went to the concert on the green. There are a bunch of booths set up and a big stage on the golf course with bands playing (jazz, big band type music). We just took a bunch of snacks and blankets to sit on and enjoyed the setting sun and music. I spent the majority of the time chasing the boys around. We found a "rough" on the golf course and the boys enjoyed digging for golf balls. They probably found about twenty or so. Then they would dance and run around.
Quarter pound it with Uncle Farkus
Another evening was spent at the Munch-n-Music in Bend. Same sort of thing with tons of food and craft booths and live music. We enjoyed Diet Cokes and kettle corn. Carter and Gray provided the entertainment with their dancing. Even neighboring blankets enjoyed watching them dance. Next year we'll be sure to set out a hat and maybe make a buck or two.
We always spend an evening in the village at Goodies. That spells waffle cones and cookies and cream ice cream. Delicious as always.
We of course had a game night. Can I just say two words... "Ray Charles!" He's blind! We love Buzz Word. It's a great game if you've never played before. We also love Imagine If... And I still say that I would be a homicide and not a lane change violation- how boring!
Then, the last night we had FHE. Great job on the lesson Sam & Nikki! I'm so glad our awesome family is forever! And, I will give props to myself for the game. :) But really, it was fun to get to know those funny little quarks about everyone.
It was somewhat ironic that the whole week (well, almost the whole week, we'll get to that in a minute) the only two people without their spouse (or future spouse) there was me and Sharon, and we're the only ones with kids! Lucky for us, everyone was so helpful with the kiddies. We bike ride pretty much everywhere we go in Sunriver and it worked out well for me that Summer is pregnant and not able to bike ride because she pretty much toted Andi around to all of our destinations. And Nikki, you seemed to do that a lot for me too! Thanks!
I love this shot of baby girl Andrus! My sister makes one cute prego lady!
One afternoon Mom and Dad watched the kids so all of us grown up kids could go rafting. (thanks Mom& Dad!!) Sharon and I had a fun time being a "couple" and we did a dang good job rowing! I'm pretty sure we didn't ever run into a tree or bank. We even avoided the river shark!

So, I was only spouse-less for the first few days even though I thought I would be the whole week. Jefferson called me on Friday and asks what we are up to that night. I tell him that games are the only thing on dock, he then asks me if I can pick him up in Bend because he is boarding the Central Oregon Breeze. What is the Central Oregon Breeze you may ask? It's a bus!! Who in the world thinks to take a bus down to Bend?! The funniest, most thoughtful, loving, caring husband and father that ever walked the earth! After I stopped laughing I told him that I would be in Bend at the Sugar Loaf Motel to pick him up. We are so glad he got to "breeze" on in for the last few days of Sunriver.
Unfortunately it was still not the same without my brother Ben who was stuck at home, diligently studying for the bar that he takes in just a few days. His hard work will pay off.Thank you again to the founders/funders of the Sunriver trip- Mom & Dad- you are the best! We love this tradition! It is so awesome to get to spend so much time together as a family. I will plan on a little jazercise in the mornings next year. :) (at least some turbo jam, and nobody is allowed an out)
Aren't they good looking grandparents?!

















8 comments:
WOW!! Some of those pictures are incredible!! Who took those? ;) It was a good time and fun to see your kids (and you......I guess) :) Hope all is well back your way!!
Dani--You are amazing and i love all the pictures and commentary. It makes me think that maybe you could help me plan and make some traditions on this side of the family. Thanks for the great example of forever families having a great time. Grammie Mitchie
That looks gorgeous! And so do you! I'm glad Jefferson was able to make it there towards the end.
Looks like you had a blast. I can see why you didn't want it to end. Carter is getting so big!
Great post on our incredible vacation! It was really fun and it's great to see it re-capped! The pics of Carter and Gray are just priceless. They did giggle a bunch didn't they? And I can't wait for some turbo jam next year! And finally - YOU ARE WELCOME! Thank you for coming and being a part of this wonderful tradition! It just gets more fun every year doesn't it.........I wonder how many new babies will be there next year other than Sumos? Hmmmmmm..........loves
Great post! We really did have a fun time didn't we?! Love the picture of Carter and Gray, you got way more cute ones than I did! I also can't wait for next year!
What a lovely, loving family you have! (Not that I didn't already know that, it's just nice to be reminded :))! Makes me want to take off with the Hale clan!
I don't know... I think I am going to have to go with the lane change violation also! Ha ha...Sorry!!
P.S. I love that Jefferson took the bus. That is awesome.
Post a Comment