
It's been about a week of being a single mom. Jefferson had his last set of boards this past weekend, so he was hitting study groups and review sessions every night this week after class. He usually rolled in around 9pm or later. He had his first part of the test Friday afternoon, and then the second part on Sunday. So where was he Saturday? You guessed it, at the library studying!! I am very grateful that he takes passing boards seriously and am glad he puts in the time to study. I have no doubt that it will all pay off. It did, however, leave the kids and I with yet another whole day of playing by ourselves. I am pretty sure they are sick of me!! Anyways, it was BEAUTIFUL weather on Saturday. Low 80s. Absolutely perfect. We decided to hit up the Gresham Farmer's Market, which was surprisingly good. We decided to take a break from wandering and listened to the live music while enjoying a Hawaiian shaved ice and kettle corn. It was a great morning. We loved being out in the sun, and Jefferson actually did take a few hours off in the afternoon to come home and see us. I really love playing with my kids. They are awesome.
7 comments:
I really want a bite of that shaved ice right now!! What a fun way to spend the day!
That shaved ice looks so good! Have you been to the fairview farmers market. I always loved that one, such a cute little town. Gresham too though-could you do me a favor and go eat at Sunny Hans for me-I miss it...
That is the only thing I don't miss about grad school... boards and finals... you DO literally feel like a single mom. But we get through it. :) I don't doubt your kids think you're the coolest mom ever! Look at all the fun stuff you do with them. :)
Sounds like a fun day! Being a mom is the best! Glad Jefferson got to be with you guys for a little bit...
As much as I miss it when Chris is gone or busy, I really love that alone time with my kids! Looks like you guys had FUN!
Shaved ice is the best in the summer. I want one right now! Glad you are having fun...but I'm sure you are ready to have your husband back! Not too much longer!
That shaved ice is bigger than Carters head! They look so grownup!
Post a Comment