We had a great Halloween with lots of festivities the day of and leading up into it.
We had our pumpkin carving night. We bought the kids this "carving kit" that requires no carving and is just basically Mr Potato head pieces meant for pumpkins so they just get to push them into their pumpkins. It was great. The kids thought they were so funny.
Of course there were sugar cookies to be had. We made ghosts and pumpkins and decorated with sprinkles, colored sugar, and candy corn. After decorating one cookie the kids were done because they wanted to consume the one they decorated. So while they ate, Jefferson and I frosted and decorated.
We did some Halloween crafts. Carter loved poking holes in the paper with his toothpick. (he did that all by himself! I was amazed at how well he followed the lines)




Lunch was halloween shaped macaroni and cheese and spiders.
Then after naps we prepped for the big evening out. Andi loved getting curlers in her hair. She thought she was pretty grown up.
And finally it was time to get all decked out and go trick-or-treating! My ninja and Pinkalicious Princess:
Carter literally hopped to every door and then hopped in place while waiting for someone to open the door. We aren't really about all the candy and more about the experience so we decided to just go up and down our street. There were quite a few houses, but not too many. Little did we know that EVERYONE on the block would hand out more than one piece of candy. In some cases the kids would get a whole handful. We're talking five or six pieces a door! Yikes.
After we got home the kids had to dump out their candy and assess the damage.
Kacey and Casey came over for chili and scones.
Jefferson and I cooking:
Andi, Me, and Kasey:
Kacey reading the kids their Halloween books awaiting dinner (yeah right, after all that candy!)
Then us grownups stayed up playing guitar hero. (Sorry, I don't have any pictures of Casey boy.) It was a grand Halloween and so fun that both Carter and Andi really got into the spirit.
Oh yeah, Taytum? A complete crab the whole time we were trick-or-treating. She literally screamed for the whole hour. This is the only picture we have of her in her costume. I might have to try to snap some more later when she's a little happier.
14 comments:
Sounds like you had such a fun Halloween! Sorry Tay was a crab...she looks like a dang cute penguin! haha Can't wait to have kids to dress up!
So cute! Where did you get those Potato-head pumpkins? I totally want those next year. SOOO much better than scooping goop.
I love the potato head pumpkin idea! Porter didn't want to touch the pumpkin insides so next year we'll do the potato head thing. You guys seemed to have a totally fun Halloween! Having kids makes it so much more fun.
What a fun halloween! The kids looked great! My Tay was a penquin too. How funny!
Don't you just love Halloween?! Your kids look adorable as always!!! Oh and you are pretty hot yourself :o)
Love the Ninja!!! It's so fun for kids to dress up! ANd yes, the candy (ughh) they love that too. :)
Looks like you had such a fun day! I love the Mr. Potato Head pumpkin stuff. I've never seen those before!
Looks like a super fun Halloween! My friend did those Mr. Potato head things with her son, and I'm thinking that's what we're doing next year! Tay is still cute, even if she was a crab cake. Carter and Andi looked great in their costumes! So excited to see you all this week!
Adorable Halloween fun. Andi looks like she is like 4 years old in those pictures.
Sounds like fun! You're so very creative. I love the kids costumes- they look fantastic. Tay is growing up so fast. It's crazy how fast they grow out of their newborn stage.
Looks like lots of Halloween fun. I can't believe how fast Taytum is growing up! I still love her hair...so cute :)
Love the costumes! I am going to have to try those pumpkin kits next year! What a cute idea. You are wonder mom! YOu do such cute things with your kiddos. Where do you find all the ideas or do you just make them up! YOu are awesome!!
I love how girlie Andi looks in her pink princess costume. You look fantastic, by the way.
Adorable! Chili and scones sound like an awesome dinner for Halloween!!
Post a Comment