Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a busy, full, fun weekend! It started Friday night when the boys were supposed to go on the father/son camp out. Well, it was very cold and rainy all day Friday and Jefferson was thinking about opting out of camping due to weather + my brother and his little family were coming into town Friday night, so he decided not to go (we aren't really campers, truth be told). I had already planned a girls' night at my house, so Jefferson and Carter headed out on a father/son date night while the ladies headed to our place.

Carter and Jefferson went out to dinner and then to Wahooz to play at the arcade. I guess Carter won a TON of tickets so he came home with all sorts of high quality arcade prizes. It was really sweet, he brought both Andi and Taytum home a little bracelet that he picked out for them. After the arcade Jefferson and Carter went out to ice cream. I think he had an awesome time, and I might even venture to say that it was more fun than camping would have been. I am sure Jefferson would think so.

Well, while they were out, a bunch of my friends and their daughters came over where we enjoyed tons of snacks while the younger girls watched Enchanted and played Just Dance on the Wii...
And we chatted and etched our names into the bottom of our casserole dishes. They turned out great and I am currently looking for other things to etch. Any suggestions? It was fun.
While we were having ladies night, my brother and his fam made it into town. Nikki and Jay joined the party and Jefferson and Sam headed back out to avoid the estrogen fest. Then they spent the weekend playing at our house.

We headed out for donuts on Saturday morning- yum, yum. Then we mostly just relaxed and hung out all weekend. Sam and Jefferson went to the shooting range on Saturday. After they got back Nikki and I headed to Hobby Lobby. She is having a girl in October so we had to do some baby girl crafts while she was here. Baby bow headbands and binky clips:
Sam helped Carter make some lego houses. I'm not sure who had more fun. :)
Tay and Jay played really well together. My favorite was when they were playing peek-a-boo in our toy closet. Jay got some good laughs over Taytum.
At one point we heard Taytum whining/crying in the piano room and we finally went to see what was going on, only to find Taytum stuck like this:
We laughed so hard. She was happy to be up right again.
Jay also provided us with some really good laughs with his first experience on a trampoline.
Today we went to the Field of Honor. Eagle city placed 600 flags to honor our service men and women. It was really beautiful and neat to talk to our kids a little bit about why we celebrate Memorial Day.We had a fun weekend with the Stewart clan and were sad to see them go. Luckily our Klamath staycation is in just a short month. This evening for family night we headed to the theater to see Kung Fu Panda 2 where we feasted on a dinner of licorice and theater popcorn. We had a great time. And for your viewing pleasure, Miss Bentley. She is need of a post of her own, but until then...

6 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like fun! Hope we get an invite next time....

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun weekend! And I do have to say, I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY! :)

Dyan said...

Very fun weekend! I'm sure it got Nikki excited for her baby girl holding Bentley! I like the shot of Carter and Andi running through the flags...appears our kids have the same reverance level for such things! :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

PS - Here is a fun etching project: http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2011/05/pretty-wedding-gift-idea-etched-chevron.html

Trujillo family said...

What a fun weekend! And Bentley is just adorable!!

suzanne said...

This is the first time Dad and I really see you in Andi! Wowsie! I bet I could find some pictures that would really surprise you with the resemblance. And Tayta! Oh my, I miss that girl. Bentz......well, just a true beauty. And Carter....dang. Handsome and grownup. How fun to have Sam and Nikki and Jay there. I did not know this and feel totally out of the loop! Hurry up Staycation!