
We survived Carter's first day of school ever. In the days leading up to it, I would get teary-eyed any time someone would say the "k" word. I felt anxious, not about Carter being successful in school, or enjoying it, but wondering if I have done enough. I know it's not like I'll never see him, or have any sway over him ever again, but you know, it's just a reality check.
Yesterday was the meet and greet at the school. Jefferson had a small chunk of free time so he was able to attend with us. We went and met Carter's teacher, Mrs.
Sahni, saw his classroom and found his hook and supplies with his name on them, and walked around the school a little bit.

Last night we had
FHE on the priesthood, and priesthood blessings and then we started the "start of the school year, Father's blessing" tradition. Both Carter and Andi received blessings. They were so quiet and reverent during them. Then we laid out Carter's outfit and got his back pack ready.

This morning I made pancakes per Carter's request and then got ready for school. When we got to school I walked him back to the playground outside of where his class lines up and was holding his hand. He let go and said, "Mom, it's okay if you just walk next to me." And there was pretty much no looking back after that. Then when we got to the playground Carter said, "Mom, you can just stand there. I'm going to go play on the playground." When the bell rang he ran over and stood in line and waited patiently to go inside, found his hook and hung up his backpack, and sat at his desk, all before I even made it to the door to peak in. Then I snuck a few pictures and said goodbye, and with a little flip of a wave, he said, "Bye, Mom!" and went back to work on his picture. So ready! I am fairly certain, in my completely unbiased opinion, that Carter will be the teacher's favorite in no time.



When we went to pick him up after school he stood in line and waited his turn to be excused. He really is such a
good boy! We then went to McDonald's for lunch so I could debrief him on his first day of school. He loved it and is excited to go back tomorrow. I'm so proud of this boy!
4 comments:
The title of your blogpost is exactly the truth......The Beginning of the End. He'll be on a mission tomorrow and married and and and....... But aren't you so glad you've prepared him so well for this time of school? He knows whats right.......he's smart.....he's obedient......and just a likeable kid. Yup, teachers favorite for sure! Congrats Carter on your first day!
Whoa. That's so crazy. I'm not ready for kindergarten. Way to go on handling a big step.
Austin started too. Quite similar feelings and experiences for us too. My favorite part is the debriefing... don't you find that you just ask like 50 questions afterwards. I just keep coming up with them... oh well I'm mama he should humor me right? Cute boy you have their.
You are so lucky he is going so easily and loving it! What a little grown up; I have no doubt he'll be his teacher's fave! :)
Post a Comment