Friday, October 21, 2011

K town in the fall

Summer and I took a little getaway a few weeks ago. It was kind of last minute, but she and Josh decided to drive up here to Meridian, and the next day us girls loaded up and drove all the way to Klamath by our lonesome. We did really well... and so did the kids. We had walkie-talkies so that we could talk on the drive and make comments about, oh I don't know, say trucks stopped in the middle of the road wielding guns around out their window. We then spent about four fun filled days in Klamath. The weather was absolutely perfect. We did some of the staples: walks, four-wheelers, horses, playing outside in the clubhouse, driving the John Deer, out to eat, delicious food... the norm. We did take the kids to see Lion King 3D and were the only ones in the theater, thank goodness. Okay, they actually did really well.
Alli played hookie on Friday so she could spend the whole day with us and get our craft on.
My mom also helped the kids make carmel apples.And on Saturday we went to a pumpkin patch. The kids all fell at least a dozen times from getting their feet tangled in the vines. It was highly entertaining. And we all brought home ginormous pumpkins.
As always, whenever I spend time with my family I am reminded how lucky I am to have such an amazing family!

7 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I've got half a post saved just like this! We sure had fun, didn't we? If only we could have stayed longer! Next time. And hopefully next time no crazies with guns hanging out of their cars!

Natalie said...

looks like a blast. family truly is the best!

Shauna said...

so fun!!

nison (nic + allison) said...

It was great seeing you and your kiddos! Can't wait to see for Turkey Day! :)

Dyan said...

What a fun escape! I love Taytum bungie corded into the back of the John Deer!

Dyan said...

p.s. when are the 2 of you going to road trip down this way?!

suzanne said...

We did have such fun.......thank you for making and taking the time to come up. And dad and I are always reminded of what incredible kids and littles we have!