Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Spirit

We are so excited for Christmas in our house, and have been for weeks! My kids are always asking for green and red everything... the green plate, the red cup, the red and green markers... They want Christmas music on 24/7. Andi will come into my room first thing in the morning and ask if I'll come turn on Christmas music. We'll be playing in the living room and she'll say, "I think we should turn on some Christmas music." The past few days Carter and Andi keep saying, "Don't my ears look pointy?" They are trying to convince me that they are turning into elves. It's really cute! They love finding Jingles every morning. This morning he was caught in a marshmallow fight with Woody. It's been magical around here. I love the ages of my kids.

This week is full of fun leading up to Christmas. Yesterday Carter's class went on the Polar Express in his class. It was really cute. They wore pajamas and set their chairs up in a train, got train tickets and then choo-choo'd around the hall, got their tickets punched and then listened to the Polar Express on cd while they illuminated the picture book with a lantern. Of course hot chocolate and cookies were served after. I felt lucky it was my day to volunteer in class so I got to watch and help.

It was also Andi's Christmas party and they wore pajamas too. Not sure all they did, but she came home with lots of goodies and seemed to have a grand time.

Today was Carter's class Christmas party. It was fun. They had a bunch of fun stations, ornament making, sugar cookie decorating, reindeer ring toss, treats, pony bead wreath making... And now we are out of school for two weeks. I am so looking forward to it. No rushing out the door in the morning. More hot breakfasts. Lots of winter/Christmas crafts. Christmas movies. Visitors. Playdates. Good times.

We have something every night this week which is going to make Christmas come even faster! Last night we delivered our friend gifts and went Christmas light looking. It was so fun. I absolutely love spending time with my little family. They make my heart happy.

2 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

I feel a little bah humbug-ish in my house. No decorations. :( Only painting. It sounds like you are celebrating extra for the Phairs this year! Thank you.

Shauna said...

christmas time is the best!