Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving '11

We had such a fabulous Thanksgiving this year, like every year that I can remember. I just love my family and love that we all get along so well and enjoy spending time together. I think that is kind of rare, and feel pretty grateful that we are all so close. We made the drive to Klamath the day before Thanksgiving and hit the ground running to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. There was so much delicious food. We added smoked prime rib to the mix, and it was amazing.
So thankful for this beautiful bunch of people that I get to call family.
Christmas pajamas from Gramzee and Grandpa Paul!
All the grandkids (that were there + Everly) in their Christmas jammies:
We went on our traditional tree hunt the day after Thanksgiving. The weather was absolutely perfect, no snow+no rain+no wind+sunny= warm, dry, happy kids.
Taytum thought she would help the men get the tree on our car.
Here is the process that is now known as the "birth of the tree." Instead of hoisting this beast of a tree up over the outside balcony to bring it in through the double doors, the men did all they could to get it in the front door.... and it worked. Hudson was crying by the end of it from all the hootin' and hollerin' and cheering when it finally came through.
The men in the hot tub... no lady dared venture in there with them.
The cousins did their gift exchange sine we won't be seeing any of them at Christmas. It got them pretty excited for Christmas and the prospect of more presents.
We spent time feeding the horses, riding the john deer, and spent an afternoon at the movies and saw "Arthur Christmas."
Jefferson's attempt at trying to calm the kids down before bed. These four cousins shared a room for the first time and rather enjoyed it. They were up for about three hours the first night!
We played really hard:
We missed you Andrus family!

3 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun trip! I got a kick out of those pics w/ the guys trying to get the tree inside.. lol halarious :)

nison (nic + allison) said...

So great to see the Harmon clan! Just love those littles!

suzanne said...

I hadn't seen the tree pics! Priceless! What a fun time....I miss you all!