I must admit that the food was delicious, not stressful, and everything was cooked at exactly the right time and all hot and ready at the same time. Move on over Martha Stewart! It was seriously yummy.
When we got home we put up the tree and decorations. The rest of the weekend was full of football, food, playing outside in the lovely weather, a nice long walk, and lots of plants vs zombies. It was a great Thanksgiving weekend.
I have a lot to be thankful for and occasionally have found myself being less than thankful and focusing on the things that aren't going exactly how I want them to. However, when I stop and count my blessings it always reminds me how much my Heavenly Father is aware of me and my needs and He always shows me how truly amazing my life is. I am thankful for my beautiful children who teach me how to love and learn and be humble. They bring so much life and joy to our home. I am continually growing and stretching and rediscovering as I try to be the mom they deserve. I am thankful for my husband who does so many little things for me that I don't always recognize. He works hard on a lot of thankless days and never complains. He is also an eternal optimist, which is refreshing to the eternal realist. I am thankful for our extended family who has supported us in so many ways through so many hard times. I am thankful for the gospel that continues to direct me on the path that I should be on. I am thankful for my Savior and Heavenly Father who forgive all my short comings time and time again and redirect me and love me unconditionally, even when I feel less than deserving. I am truly blessed.
And just for your viewing pleasure...
1 comment:
Is Uncle Josh married?
Post a Comment