Carter turned 8!!! It seems like such a big milestone! In lieu of a birthday party Carter decided to take a few friends to see Rio 2 since it came out on his birthday. Carson and Dominic are such great little friends.
Bobo wanted to hop in one of the pictures.
There was no school on Friday, so we went to an early afternoon showing. We showed up nice and early to make sure we could all get seats. Turns out we were the only ones in the theater. It was great!
The boys got their bags of popcorn and goody bags full of candy.
The movie was super cute. Afterwards we headed home to open presents and let the boys play a bit. They had to try out all the new Disney Infinity characters he got.
Then after Andi's soccer game we came home and had pizza and did a little family get together with Grandma and Grandpa; we opened presents and had cake and ice cream. Yum!
Carter is in a joke telling phase. Usually it's things that don't make any sense and aren't funny, like... "I'm eating a sandwich... get it? Sand, which?" I wasn't sure how many more jokes I could laugh at, so my mom bought him a book of knock knock jokes. It's the greatest thing ever! All the kids love reading through them, and now we have jokes I can actually love at.
He got lots of Legos.
Carter received some Oregon ducks paraphernalia. A hat, pendant, stickers, pillow case, t-shirt...
This marble maze was a huge hit.
I should just cut and copy what I say about Carter every year, because he is just as great as ever. Still such a nice boy, so aware of others. Case in point. Carter was voted on by his peers to receive the "Caring and kindness award." The next month he was voted on by his peers to receive the "Responsibility Award" and instead of accepting the award, he offered and gave it to the girl voted up next so "she could have a turn." Melt my heart!! He really is that sweet (most of the time).
Carter is such a good student. He is super smart and on top of all of his work. He LOVES reading and is above and beyond his grade level. His teacher sing his praises whenever I see them, and I never get sick of it.
He has been taking piano lessons from Gramzee this year and doing awesome. He enjoys it (most days) and is really good at it. He has turned into an amazing soccer player and plays every day at recess. He loves playing Disney Infinity and NBA 2K14. He is an excellent swimmer and took lessons with his second grade class this winter and advanced farther than anybody else in his class.
It's his birthday, I get to brag.
Basically, he is just wonderful.
Happy Birthday C-Mac!
Everyone should be so lucky to have an older brother and son like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment