I had a few mommy moments today. The first was a cozy mommy moment. When we woke up it was rainy and cloudy and cold and so I dressed the kids and myself in sweats, we curled up at home, and I made cheesy potato soup that was just delicious. It was a soup n' sweats kind of day.
Mommy moment number two was one for myself.... Carter didn't wake up until 9:45 this morning! I didn't know what to do with all that free time! It was great.
And my last is an annoying mommy moment. We just recently put in a stupid safety latch in our knife drawer so Carter can't get in there. Little did we know that it is parent proof as well! Our drawer is hard to explain, but we had to put it in so it is a little tight because of a little piece of wood at the bottom of the drawer. That causes the latch to be just a little too tight and so it is pretty much impossible to open the drawer. Hmmm... maybe I'll ask for a knife block for Christmas!
Ok... and I am having one more mommy moment right as we speak. Jefferson is laying on the ground next to Andi reading his notes to her that he is studying and Andi is just staring at him, totally enamored with his conversation about Tuberculosis. Warms the cockles.
4 comments:
We definitely had a PJ day today too!
Yeah, child-proofing can be tricky.
Yeah! Sweats are my favoite atire!
Rainy days are the best. You have every right to snuggle and stay in some sweats. Glad you took advantage of it. We get the most awesome storms out in Virginia. And your little Andi is adorable!
I'm loving the posts of mommy moments, sort of a reflection to help you appreciate the little things plus the sweet (and not so sweet) moments we get to experience as moms---we all need to do that more often :)
Post a Comment