Friday, January 18, 2008

Go green



So I am not a tree hugger by any means, but one thing we are going to try to do this year is go green, both to reduce our carbon footprint and save a little green. A few things we are doing that are so simple are:

-Jefferson is riding the bus (it only tags on about ten minutes of travel time)

-I have a "no drive day" once a week

-We are going to be more diligent about recycling

-Bundle errands so we hit all our stops on one trip out and about

-Turning our thermostat down a few degrees

-And a few other little things like buying in season produce, do all the laundry back to back (less energy to heat up the dryer every time), etc...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I have thought a lot about this, especially since I watched that Oprah GO Green show. I think it's definitely good to do all you can to better the earth and all the little things can really add up! Kudos to Jeff for riding the bus :)