We got to spend all of Friday afternoon there, and we filled our time up. We stayed with Jefferson's aunt and uncle and family, the Longs. When we pulled in, Jefferson's Aunt Diane had lunch ready for us. Immediately following, we went swimming. After swimming, Jefferson's sweet cousin Taylor watched Carter and Andi so we could go jet skiing with the older cousin boys, Tyler and Tyson. It helped that the Long's basement is a theater with stadium seating couches and a projector and all. Carter got to watch a movie, so he was pretty happy. Then there was dinner and an early bedtime for the kids, after which we went and played with our friends.
Saturday was equally as packed. We got to see Jefferson's grandma for a little bit in the morning. Then there was the reunion bbq. They had a lot of fun things set up for the kids, including water balloons and a bounce house. There was lots of yummy food, fun reminiscing, and great music (all late 90's and I knew every word to every song). The best part, however, was that Jefferson has only seen a couple of his closest friends from high school, so the majority of the people at the reunion he hasn't seen in the last 10 years. Most of you have only known Jefferson since we have been married, but premission, Jefferson weighed 80 pounds more than he does today. You would not recognize him, and most of the people at the reunion did not recognize him. He would go up to people he knew and would shake their hand. They would give him a courtesy "hi" and shake, look at the name tag and then would always say, "No way!" or "What?!" The look of surprise was always so priceless. I am pretty sure more than a few girls were eyeing him too. I was pretty glad I was the lady on his arm. :)
Between the bbq and the "dinner" that night we got to go through the Twin Falls temple open house. It is so beautiful. I don't know how people tour the temple and not feel the spirit. It was fun to get to take my little kiddies through too. Jefferson's grandma led the tour and gave us all sorts of extra tid bits about the temple, like, where some of the paintings came from and what some of the designs in the temple represent. It was amazing.
Tiffany, Taylor, and Alli helped with the kiddies while we got ready for the dinner. The dinner was at this winery in Buhl that was absolutely breathtaking. It was mostly just mixing and mingling. There was a slide shoe and yummy food, then some "awards." Afterwards we went and hung out with a bunch of friends and ordered pizza. We sat around and talked and laughed till we cried (multiple times). It was a fun night. We rolled in at 2am and then took off the next morning at 7am. Short night. (I didn't get any pictures with anyone, so Kacey, if you read this, will you please send me pics of the bbq? Thanks!)
We stopped in Boise for breakfast with Jefferson's dad, brother Josh, and sister-in-law Jen. Carter discovered that he loves trampolines. It was fun to see them all, if only for a few hours. Then it was back home and back to the grind. I love the summer time!



4 comments:
Your family is always on the go! Sometimes I get tired just reading your blog :)
So...we were on the road at the same time? Crazy...who knew. We need to do a better job at communicating! I want to honk every time I drive by your apartments! So if you ever hear a honk, it's probably me. Girls night, definitely.
I'm finally catching up with everyones lives and looks like you've been up to tons of fun and traveling the past month! I remember seeing a pic of Jefferson pre-mish and yes he definately looks different now to say the least! I bet it was so fun to watch peoples reactions! Not only does he look better but he's got a gorgeous wife and adorable kids to go along with it! :)
Looks like you all had a great time at the reunion and with Jefferson's familia! Tell them all hello! I'm sure it was so fun for Jefferson to let everyone see all he has done with his life. Way to go Jefferson!
Post a Comment