Saturday, June 5, 2010

CTR 4

As some of you know, I teach the CTR 4 class at church. That's all the little four year olds for those of you who don't know. I have a very rambunctious, out of control, loud, funny, beautiful group of kiddos. I love them dearly, but our lessons are usually not very spiritual and go something like this.
"In Nephi, sit down please, chapter 4, keep your chair on the floor, verse 3, touch your nose if you can hear me, Nephi was telling, please keep your dress down, his people, hands to yourself, that, we'll get a drink in a minute...." You get the point. I am pretty sure they don't hear the half of what I say and it is truly a miracle if anyone learns anything.
Well, last week we had a beautiful moment in class. We were talking about who Jesus loves and in the middle of the lesson I told them I had a picture of somebody who Jesus loves very much and that I wanted them to come up one at a time and see who it was, and not tell anyone who it was until everyone had a chance to look at the picture. One at a time I had them come up and look at the picture, which was actually a piece of paper with a mirror glued on it, so they saw themselves. That's who Jesus loves very much. Each child came up and when they saw themselves they got the biggest smile on their face. Everyone was completely silent the whole time while taking turns coming up. It was possibly the first time that I felt the spirit in our class and I totally teared up. It was such a sweet moment.

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Made me tear up too! Precious children.......

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

Odd, but i just teared as well. What sweet kids, but i think it has something to do with the teacher...

Hayley Hatch said...

Ha ha. I don't know if we have talked about this, but I teach the 4 year olds too! When I was teaching this lesson, I told them that we were going to talk about someone who loves them very much. I asked one of the little boys if he knew who I was referring to. He responded with, "I know how to spell MARS!" Hmm... it can be hard at times to stay on task :)