We did a little impromptu party for
Taytum's birthday. I seriously decided on the afternoon of Tuesday the 27
th that we should do something, and her birthday was the 29
th. Jefferson's mom and sister were in town and we live next to so much family that we decided to do a little get together. It was just going to be cake and ice cream, but I decided dinner wouldn't be so hard to throw together. Then, if it's her first birthday there should at least be a few decorations, and perhaps a few presents to open too. It still wasn't a big to do, but there was a little bit to do in the one day I had to throw it together.
I had to show a picture of Jefferson's contribution. He is pretty good about just going along with pretty much whatever I am doing. He may or may not have rolled his eyes once or twice, but he was a good sport and was a master M&M sorter.

I was sick of seeing pink for baby girls and it's not very fun for a one year old, so we went a little bolder and brighter this year. The cake was made pretty late at night, so don't judge...

We threw up a few decorations:



I decorated those little boxes and packed them full of treats that
Taytum could enjoy: wafer cookies, goldfish, fruit loops, cookie sticks, animal crackers, & teddy grahams.


The birthday girl enjoying her balloons. She could have played on the floor with them for an hour and been content.

Aunt Alli made a stop by before she had to go to work:
Taytum enjoying her dinner. Who knew that she would love that silly headband so much. She left it on for a good 15 minutes.

The kiddos eating their dinner:
Albertson's does free first birthday cakes. I thought it was going to be more large cupcake size, but this is the huge cake we received!

She is this excited before cake... just wait until she digs in!

At first she thought it was just to play with. She swirled her fingers in the frosting for a long time.

Dad finally gave her a little taste...

She likes it!

I've got the hang of this!

Her mouth is so stuffed full of cake that she can't even close her mouth!

Full
fisting it!

Assessing the damage...
The ones who brought Taytum into this world. You're welcome.

The ladies;
McKayla, Abbey, Jenn, Ashlee, and me:

The kids enjoying their cake and ice cream:

A little sprinkler time to clean off the mess: (side note... do you see Carter's abs? They are
ridiculous.)

Mom and the birthday girl post cake clean up:

Abbey and
Gramma Mitchy with the
Tay:

Present time... she wasn't that into it, but did like the fun surprises that she got.
Kaleeya and
Taytum enjoying the loot.
Thanks to everyone who came and sent birthday wishes her way! It was a very special 1st birthday!
4 comments:
How very fun. It looks like it turned out adorable - especially considering it was last minute. I think Tay looks like her Daddy :) Oh and I really like her cake - I put a picture of a cake like that in one of my picture files entitled "cakes" - it's for my next life when I am a cake decorator :)
Anyway, I wish we could have been there for the celebration but luckily you are a good narrator, so it kinda feels like we were :)
Happy Birthday Tay Tay!!!
Such a fun, beautiful girl! :)
ms. Blue eyes! What a beauty! And she loves to eat - my kind of gal. Didn't know she was getting tubes..............fill me in please.......
she is so big!! and stinkin' cute! i can't believe she's already one!
Post a Comment