Thursday, October 21, 2010

Domestic Bliss

Today was seriously a day of domestic bliss in our home. I do not say this to brag, because we needed it after a rough day yesterday. We've all been sick the last week... puking, snoting, tired, crabby household. So after a week of laying low, not cleaning, and cooking sub par meals, I was determined to get our home back in order today.
I warned the kids that this was going to be a stay at home day, and that seemed to do the trick. I did not break up one fight today as I cleaned the house from top to bottom. We're talking bathrooms, floors, kitchen, bedrooms, dusting, I cleaned the laundry room, vacuuming out the lint trap even, reattached the towel bar in one of our bathrooms, sorted mail, emptied all the garbages, cleaned all the rugs and hand towels in the house, and not only completed all of our loads of laundry, but folded AND put away. This in and of itself is usually a week long process, I kid you not. Laundry is my nemesis. I baked homemade bread. Managed to help my kids with a few Halloween preschool pages. Made a caterpillar habitat for the caterpillar the kids found in the backyard. All while only having cartoons on for about an hour of that. My kids played together all day, happy as clams. I was amazed! I do not say this to brag, because you should have heard the on going post that was running through my head yesterday. It was telling a different tale.
We did make it out of the house once for about 20 minutes when I had to run down the street to Albertson's to pick up some fresh herbs for our roast chicken (find the most delicious roast chicken recipe here Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer Woman, is amazing. I don't know whether to lover her, hate her, or offer to hire her) to go along with our homemade bread, au gratin potatoes, and roasted carrots. Andi wanted to wear her red cowboy boots and when she put them on she ran in the room and said, "I look like a cowboy girl!"
Yes, domestic bliss was ours today. And while it was here I must relish and share.Thanks for the red purse Gramzee.... it goes everywhere with us.
And though we did not make it out bike riding today, we have been out riding our bikes every other day this week. The weather has been absolutely perfect fall weather. We bought Andi a bike about 6 weeks ago without her even being able to peddle the tricycle. It looked really awkward so we thought we would give a "big" bike a whirl. She picked up on it so quick and now Carter and Andi just love chasing each other up and down the block, or on our walks.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

You have to love those days! I actually had a day similar to that on Monday! I love Andi's boots and red purse!!! Also...we are totally jealous of your flat street, bike riding is much harder when you have big hills all around you!

The Bell Family said...

Wow putting the away the laundry, I'm impressed. I hate putting away laundry!

suzanne said...

You are welcome for the purse! I couldn't think of a better person to give it to! I'm not sure who sent it in the mail to me still! A great day. The chicken is to die for yes? And how did your homemade bread turn out? Yum!

Loves.........

Robyn said...

Love it! I have no idea how you fit all of that into just one day!

P.S. I am currently OBSESSED with The Pioneer Woman's blog. I have been reading her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" story. It's such a fun love story!

Dyan said...

i'll let you be pioneer/wonder woman at my house for a day!

Amy said...

I love those kinds of days...but I haven't had one in quite awhile. Don't you just feel awesome having a perfectly cleaned house? I miss that feeling - looks like I need to have one of those day! And congrats on having another girl!