Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 minutes

This was the conversation that occurred in our five minute drive to the store today...

Andi: Are we going to two stores or just one?
Me: Just one.
Andi: What's it called?
Me: Hobby Lobby.
Andi: What are we going to do after the store?
Me: We're going to go home and have some lunch.
Andi: What are we going to have for lunch?
Me: Probably macaroni and cheese and some applesauce.
Andi: Yay! I love macaroni and cheese! Are we going to take naps after lunch?
Me: Yup.
Andi: What are we going to do after naps?
Me: We get to go over to the Corrigans.
Andi: What are we going to do there?
Me: We're going to play.
Andi: Play?
Me: Yeah, play.
Andi: Yay!

And then, thank heavens, we pulled into the store.

This is just five minutes with her folks. Try all day!

9 comments:

Momma K said...

Oh my gosh, this is my life with Mylie. Let me tell you, it doesn't get better... they just are less easily distracted. And I don't know about Andi, but Mylie gets SUPER upset when I tell her what's going to happen and then it falls through. I've learned to get very vague. The one nice thing is I was talking to a woman in our ward who has a teenager that I adore and is one of the most responsible kids I have ever met, and is totally self-sufficient at managing her schedule, etc. Anyway, she told me that as a child, this girl was the exact same way, so I'm hoping that the exhaustion now turns into something really beneficial later!

Judy Moody said...

I hear ya! Sounds like 6 of my students! It's like well, if you would all sit down, and zip the lip, I could tell you all at once! Wouldn't that be a novel idea!?!? ;o)~ Granted, I only have to put up with it for 6 hours. I definitely couldn't tolerate a whole day! No way.

Maren B said...

Doesn't it make you feel pressured to always have a good answer? I've found that when Eva asks, "What are we going to do...?" I sometimes just answer, "I don't know." For her, at least, this takes the wind out of her sails. Thank heavens.

Jaime said...

Oh wow! I have never had a child like this - too fun!

Hayley Hatch said...

Sometimes I have to tell Logan the question box is full. It's a little mean, I know, but it's either that or go crazy :) And sometimes I think he just asks questions for the fun of it - like the other day... Do I have a bed? Why do I have a bed? Moommmy... can you heeeear me?

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

HAHA!!! that is just too funny. I have heard you tell about all her questions, but this makes it all to funny.

Hannah said...

I have 2 of these kids...They have to know every detail. I'm required to give them "options", anything and everything we do... "Well whats our other options"... Drives me crazy...

suzanne said...

Oh my.....

Chris & Colter said...

She is SOOOO cute!!! Be grateful. My little one is Autistic and doesn't even say one word. I would give anything in the world to have a conversation like that with him.
:)