Thursday, December 8, 2011

Boh-Boh 9 month stats

Little Bentley is 9 1/2 months! And about the size of a two month old. The weigh in:

13lbs 8 oz - not even on the charts
26.5 inches - 12%
Head circumference 17 1/4" - 39%

Our doctor isn't too concerned with her weight, but did say she would be more comfortable if Bentley would put on a few extra pounds and hop back onto that chart. Bentley will most likely always be on the smaller/thinner side (think Carter), but a few pounds of reserve would make me feel better. So operation fatten up Bentley has commenced. I started adding pediasure to her oatmeal today and the smell almost makes me queasy. It reminds me of the kiddos that I used to take care of because they always got pediasure through their g-tubes because of the high calories and nutrients in them. Anyways, Bentley seemed to like it just fine and we're going to try to get her to eat a few more high calorie, high fat foods and hope that helps. We are also trying to be aware of not affecting her taste for foods or making her a picky eater, so wish us luck!

Bentley has become such a better baby! Remember, how I always have said that I wish my babies would pop out at 8-9 months old. I am reminded now of why. She is so fun and interactive. She isn't mobile yet, but enjoys sitting and watching the other kids and play with whatever toy they bring her. She is back to her non-picky, super fantastic eating. I cut out her last feeding, which I was having to wake her up for right before I went to bed, and she's been sleeping right through, from 6-7pm to 7-8am. It is glorious!! She takes two naps when we're home to give her them. Otherwise she usually skips one and is pretty good with just rolling with it. She usually gets really giggly right before I put her down for bed. She LOVES it when I sing, or anyone else for that matter, I'm sure, but usually I'm the only one who sings to her. She also thinks it's funny to watch any one of us dance. Not sure if we should be offended by that or not. I am starting to see what a fun addition to our family this little one is going to be.

PS... I'm not sure if I've posted this or not, but those pictures are of her doing her silly breathing thing where she'll squish up her nose and breath in and out really fast. It's pretty funny.

3 comments:

julie said...

Wow she is a tiny thing! She's so dang cute though! Good luck with fattening her up. I wish I had that problem ;)

Maren B said...

On the bright side of Bentley being small-- at least she's probably not killing your arms to carry around! Elijah tapered off his growth for a while so our pediatrician also recommended we fatten him up. He actually suggested sausage, heavily-buttered toast, and ice cream. I wasn't quite willing to take it that far. Good luck!

suzanne said...

A beautiful gal -- such a pixie! Please do fatten her up!