Bentley is one year old. I can't believe it's already been a year and yet I find myself wishing that more time had passed. It has been a rough year and even days up until her birthday I wasn't sure she was going to make it to a year! I do feel like we have finally turned a corner with her. Just as I thought that, she cut her first tooth yesterday on her birthday! With her increase in drinking and eating more table foods and mobility, she has definitely been a happier baby. It's funny to see her drag herself all over the house. The kids have realized that nothing is safe on the floor anymore. Bentley really is a cute baby. She is usually pretty easy to get smile and laugh, which is definitely one of her redeeming qualities. She is such a mama's girl, which can be both very endearing and aggravating all at the same time. She sleeps a solid 12 hours at night and takes about 3-4 hours of naps a day. She is great at putting herself to sleep and just snuggles into her blanket. She is super petite and people mistake her for a much younger baby all the time. We do love this child, even with all her feist and fits and attitude. The best is when she is "crawling" around looking for me and I pop out unexpectedly and she gives me the biggest, happiest smile. That makes it all worth it.
At one Bentley likes:
-taking baths. She loves splashing and kicking in the water.
-Table food. Anything that we're eating. In fact, Bentley will usually eat some baby food, but only after she's fed herself something from her tray. She will immediately start screaming if you try to feed her first when sitting down to a meal.
-Mom. Like I said, she's a major mama's girl and knows how to milk it. Read: screams whenever I walk by, put her down, or leave her side.
-Army crawling. She loves being able to get to where she wants to go. We have much longer periods of contentment on the floor now.
-Hanging upside down. She giggles and giggles whenever we swing her upside down.
-her blanket. Makes nap times so easy.
-Her binky. She loves it. And I love it.
-"Talking." She is a major babbler. She will just chat and chat and chat.
-Sticking her tongue out.
At one she does not like:
-Baby food
-Milk (yet)
-Being left alone
-Her car seat
-Getting dressed
For her birthday we had some family over for cake and ice cream. Nothing fancy, but it was fun.


She loved her cake after daintily picking at it for quite some time. She took her pointer and thumb and just kept pinching at the frosting. Then she finally got into it. She probably did more playing than eating, but she was a happy camper there in her high chair for a very long time.

The cousins in attendance:



Her favorite place to be:
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Bobo! I can't believe she is one! (Mailed her gift on Saturday, but it's not wrapped. We suck. It was a long week.) Love that little lady!
Can not believe she's 1. Glad things are going better for her! Happy Birthday Bo!
Oh, sweet Bentley I am so happy you are 1. Grandma and Grandpa Mitchy love you and love to read about your life on this blog. We are so glad you had a Happy Birthday.
How can you be 1 already? It has gone way too fast! I love that I have someone to share my birthday month with! Can't think of a better person to do it with! Love you Bo Bo! See you soon......gram z
First birthdays are so bittersweet! Looks like she enjoyed her cute little self!
Post a Comment