All my kids are doing great and I just need to record a few things.
Taytum started speech therapy a couple weeks ago and was already growing by leaps and bounds on her own, but is now stringing together so many more words. Just a couple days ago at breakfast she said, "Thanks Mom, for cooking breakfast." She was the first one to say it so she wasn't just mimicing someone. Which reminds me, she has the best manners. She is the first one to tell me thanks for her meal at almost every meal. She is just as funny as ever and makes every day happier just by being in it.
Bentley has started OT and PT, but before that happened, she started army crawling about a week and a half ago and now is getting around pretty well in her belly crawl. She is much happier and content to be on the ground. I love it! As does she. We still have about one day a week where I still think she may not make it to her first birthday (which is in one week, by the way). But all in all, things are going much better with her.
We went to see a physical therapist who specializes in oral therapy and she did some exercises with Bentley and she is now drinking through a straw! Her hyoid, which is a bone in your neck, basically, was really far back, which puts strain on her tongue and kind of feels like it's choking you when you swallow. Since liquids are harder to swallow than solids, Bentley wasn't loving liquids because it felt like it was going to choke her and go down the wrong tube. Our therapist gave us some exercises to do at home and it's bringing her hyoid out and Bentley loves her some water now. Poor girl gets so thirsty at meals and she'll just chug a whole cup of water. It's such a relief. I can't wait to see her weigh in in a couple of weeks!
3 comments:
Are you seeing the OT and PT through the infant toddler program? Just curious....who is your PT? (p.s. I used to be in Ashlees ward....if you are wondering who is stalking you :)
That's awesome! I hope things continue to go well for both girls. Poor Bentley must have had a frustrating babyhood if she couldn't even swallow comfortably.
So glad to hear about both girls. Hope all is going well with school for Carter and Andi. I loved staying with them and would love to do it again.
Love, Gram Mitchy
Post a Comment