Happy 108th Birthday Dr. Seuss!!
March 2nd is Dr Seuss' birthday, and since we love us some Dr Seuss we decided to make an afternoon of celebrating.

We pulled out our collection of Seuss and did some fun activities to correlate with them.
For One Fish, Two Fish we did fish pattern papers and Goldfish in the bowl. Carter's had math problems that he had to solve to find out how many fish to glue in.


For the Cat in the Hat we made Cat in the Hat hats! The kids seriously love these! It's really ridiculous.

Ten Apples Up On Top: We drew ourselves and stamped our 10 apples on our head. Carter chose strawberries because those are his favorite. :) I also love Carter's picture (the yellow one) because he drew Andi chasing him with a mop, just like the bear in the book.

The Foot Book: We made a picture of the sweet little feet I meet every day!


Green Eggs and Ham: Green eggs and ham, of course! (and an english muffin). I was going to do pink lemonade for the pink ink drink, but my kids wanted chocolate milk. They thought I was pretty magical when I made green eggs. These weren't my best, but my best were eaten first.

We also made and decorated cupcakes. They were red (pink) with white stripes to match our Cat in the Hat hats.
Dad contributed by renting a Cat in the Hat DVD and all the kids crashed and watched it to end our evening.

I had about three other projects with three other books that we didn't get to. I guess I'll just save them for next year. It was a really Seusstastic birthday party and an added bonus that we snuck in so much reading! Thank you Dr Seuss for your mad rhymes that makes my kids love reading time!
Today is your birthday! Today you are you! If we didn't have birthdays, you wouldn't be you.
If you'd never been born, well then what would you do?"
5 comments:
How fun Dani! Good mommy skills!
Look at you being all fun and creative!
What a fun way to celebrate!! The kids had a whole week of Dr. Suess celebration at school. Everyday they had to where something specific in his honor :) It was so fun. Oh the wonderful things he has done! :)
Sounds like so much fun!!
YOu are the best mom!!!1
Post a Comment