Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend


(Should I just say Mother's Weekend?) It was amazing. From Friday until Sunday evening, it was pure fun.
Friday was Mother's Tea with Carter's kindergarten class. They read a book about mother's, then sang a bunch of cute mom songs. The kids served us cookies and punch and presented us with book bags they painted for us and a picture and poem. Andi came home from preschool with a cute cupcake cookbook they decorated at school with new oven mits. I am quite certain that nothing is better than homemade gifts from my kids. I adore everything they give me.


Friday night was "Deathwish," UFC fights at the Century Link Arena with three of our good couple friends. We had a ringside table and enjoyed some delicious greasy eats and watched some pretty good fights with good friends.

Saturday Andi and I went shopping in the morning and then went to Carter's soccer game. He is turning into such a good little player and is so much fun to watch.

Then, Jefferson said he had a surprise date planned for us and to be ready by 3:45. When someone showed up at the door I expected it to be a babysitter, but it was three of my best girlfriends who whisked me away for the day. We went and got pedicures. Then went to dinner at Cafe Ole', followed by a little shopping. And then we went to the movies. When we went to drop everyone off at home they stopped and said to wait in the car for a minute, and then we proceeded to have a CBS, car baby shower. :) They brought out a bunch of gifts for baby boy. I may have shed a tear or two at how amazing my friends are. I ended up getting home at one in the morning. I was seriously spoiled rotten by these girls, and by my husband who took care of the kiddos all afternoon and evening.

I couldn't believe that the next day was mother's day, where Jefferson proceeded to continue to take care of me and the kids. When I got home at 1am there were flowers and homemade cards from all the kids on the table. The kids and I made cupcakes in the morning before we went to church. After church Uncle Josh came over and we had dinner, went on a walk, and then had dessert. Josh and Jefferson played with the kids while I watched on drinking my diet coke and reading. It was the perfect day.

There is seriously nothing better than being a mom. I feel nothing but blessed when I think of my practically perfect kids. 

1 comment:

nison (nic + allison) said...

You are one spoiled momma! I'm sure you'll have amazing friends here in KTown too (like me :)