My baby-baby is ONE!!!! Oh Beckett Boy, how did this happen?! STOP! This little man is just my favorite (one of four other ones). He is such a happy, handsome, owl-eyed little thing, and I just adore him. I don't know if it's because I'm not pregnant (like I usually am by this time around) or thinking about future babies, but I am just enjoying this little guy so much, and am loving him being my baby. I can see why babies of families are babied. :)
We celebrated Beckett's birthday a couple days after his birthday on a nice, quiet Sunday afternoon with my parents and Nic, Alli, and Rev. It was so low key, but perfect. Beckett enjoyed plenty of presents and cake and ice cream, followed by a bath.
It was a slow start with his cake, and first Beckett was all about the texture. He would put his hand in a glob of frosting and then just squeeze it through his fingers. Then he tried some and decided he liked it. And then he would grab and eat chunks from all different sections of the cake. After he got his belly full he was just laughing and slapping the cake, flinging frosting everywhere in the meantime. It was all over him and the floor. He loved it!

And post bath...
Beckett at 1 loves:
-Taking baths
-His Aiden and Anais blanket
-Sucking his first two fingers
-ALL food!!! All baby and all table food. All fruits and all vegetables. He. Loves. Food.
-Taking his own bottle
-Watching Dad throw a ball. He laughs every time Jefferson throws a ball up in the air and catches it. Every time.
-Mommy
-Clicking his tongue
-Popping his jaw
-Crawling up and down the stairs
-Playing with his siblings
-Standing up to everything
-When I sing to him
He does not love:
-Getting in his carseat
-Drinking out of a sippy cup
-Getting his diaper changed
-Getting dressed
-Reading books. He'll just grab them out of my hand and throw them, or close the book as soon as I try to open it.
The nicknames of Beckett:
Beckett, Beck, Beckett Boy, B-Boy, Little Buddy Diapers, Buddy Diapers, Buddy D, Shlubadoo, Shlala baby, Shlubby, Little Buddy, Man Cub, Cubby, Man Child, Little Man, Baby.
Happy Birthday baby boy. We could not be more thrilled that you are the baby of our family. You are practically perfect in every way.
2 comments:
How can he be 1 already?! I remember visiting you both in the hospital right after he was born. Lucky me! :)
Gosh that was fun wasn't it! Short and sweet but the cake eating topped it all!!!!
Post a Comment