Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Disney Day 5


Day 5 was another fun filled day at Disneyland. While the older kids rode Splash Mountain numerous times, I took the younger ones on Winnie the Pooh and we happened to time it perfectly to see all the characters afterwards.




   
Then was the moment my girls had been waiting for... their appointments at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It was magical from beginning to end. It started out with a worker taking them around the shop to pick out their outfits and accessories. They were so good at focusing all their attention and comments and questions to my kids, making them feel so special.  I even made an appointment for Carter. It was so inexpensive for the boy appointment that I thought we would give it a whirl. He definitely had a good time, though he was itching to get back out on rides by the end of it.
 Once Andi and Taytum had picked everything out they had us wait just a few minutes and then called them back and escorted them back to their dressing rooms where their outfits were laid out waiting for them to change into.

They felt like they were in a fish tank:

The girls got their hair done, their nails done, and their make up. The "fairy godmothers in training" were so attentive and didn't rush at all. They were so good at letting the girls make all the decisions and giving us enough time to take pictures and make sure everything was just how the girls' wanted. The girls got to keep their brushes and combs and make up pallets and two bottles of nail polish, all collected in a little pink princess backpack. When they were done, their chairs were turned towards the mirror where, with the wave of the magic wand and the magic words, the curtains were drawn back by the birds to reveal the lovely little princesses (and prince) in the mirror.
Once the make-over part was done, Jefferson and Carter bailed to go ride more rides. (We had fast passes to the Cars ride that needed to be utilized). But the girls weren't done. They were then taken back to a little photo shoot with Cinderella's carriage and all. The girls were in heaven! And even though we received three different prints and poses from the boutique at the end, the photographer made sure I got plenty of my own pictures of every pose on my camera. I was really impressed!
After the photo shoot they still weren't done! They were then escorted out of the boutique, across the bridge, and to the Princess hall where they were allowed to go straight in, in front of all the people waiting in line, to meet the princesses. And by the way, everywhere they went, their "fairy godmother in training" would yell, "Now presenting Princess Andi and Princess Taytum."
Feeling pretty excited to meet the princesses:
(Side note: A couple of things I would have done differently... I purposely made their appointments in the middle of the afternoon when my kids are usually a little tired and needing a little rest and reprieve, thinking this would be the perfect down time activity. I think it actually just made them a little more tired, and that if we had done it earlier in the day they would have been even more into it and enjoyed it more. I also let Andi pick her hair piece and I warned her that it was a little crazy and showed her other options, but she was adamant and so I supported her decision, and she was not happy with her hair piece. She kept saying how crazy it looked and I don't think she felt as princessly as she could have)

My awesome parents were watching Bentley and Beckett this whole time so that I could enjoy that magical moment with Taytum and Andi. It was really fun and special and worth every penny it cost (which was a lot of them).
We met up with Carter and Jefferson in Cars Land and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon over there and in the rest of California Adventure.
And then we enjoyed the World of Color, which as always, is so amazing!
It was another magical, fun filled day.

No comments: