I had the opportunity of heading up this years' ward Christmas party. It started with my mom (RS president) volunteering the RS to head it up, but then when she scheduled her hip replacement surgery days before the party, the load landed on my shoulders as enrichment leader. I had a great committee that helped out a lot, but it was a ton of work. Excuse the picture overload.
Hot Chocolate and cookies bar:
We projected a picture of the Polar Express on this screen the whole evening. Then at the end we had a reading of the Polar Express and projected pictures from the book to go along with the story. At the end of the story we wrapped it all up with how Christ is the first gift of Christmas.
After the story, we had a closing prayer and then opened the curtain to reveal Santa. Our Santa was perfect! Here's our Santa seat...
We handed out bells instead of candy canes to go along with the story.
Possibly my favorite part was our North Pole. I asked a guy in our ward if he would make us one and gave a very basic description of what I had in mind. He far surpassed what I had hoped for!
We had a photo boot and Letters to Santa station. I am so mad I didn't get a picture of it. It was darling. Here are the photo booth pics of my kiddos:
Here are the tickets I made and handed out to the kids the Sunday before the party. They were told to bring them that night and they would get punched by our Conductor (or Bishop).
In one corner we set up a big blanket and had the Polar Express playing. Our goal was to keep all the kids in the gym and entertained so that parents could actually enjoy the dinner too. Each table had Polar Express coloring and activity sheets along with cups of crayons.
Dinner was pancakes scrambled eggs, and sausage. It was a hit and the kids actually ate dinner!
These two gals are such great friends and put in a lot of time to help out with this party.
My kiddos Santa pictures:
1 comment:
Guilty as charged! I didn't have many options for the date so a big thank you to YOU and to your committee! It looked amazing and I would hate to be the one to follow this party!!!! Well done!
Post a Comment