Sunday, November 2, 2008

Be still my heart

Today was fast and testimony day in church. For those of you not LDS, during the first hour of church anybody in the congregation can get up and bare their testimony about the truths of the gospel. It's usually only a minute or so. There was a time in today's meeting when a number of kids got up in a row and bore their testimonies, and pretty soon Carter turns to me and says, "My turn mama?" My sweet little two year old wanted to bare his testimony! It was so tender. I assured him that we would practice our testimonies in FHE this week. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is so so sweet. I personally love when the children bear their testimony's. My lesson 2 sundays ago was on testimony and one lady commented that the brethren came out and said that children were not suppose to get up at the pulpit and bear their testimony's but that it was to be done in primary for them. Anyways, it started this big debate and before I knew it the entire room was out of control. I guess they said that children without the assistance of a parent can go up in sacrament and bare testimony, but if they needed a parent's help then they couldnt. Have you heard this? Because this was all new to me. Anyways, i think it is so sweet when little children bear their testimony's and want to do it to. That's awesome.

Sharon said...

That is so sweet! What a big boy!

Momma K said...

The spirit must have been strong with the kiddos on Sunday, because we had that EXACT scene over here on the west side! But, in our case, with Mylie getting ready to enter primary in a couple months, I told her she could do it if she would go by herself. I thought that would dissuade her. Silly me. She was perfectly willing. So I made her tell me what she was going to say, and she was able to repeat it to me three times with no problem. So I let her go up, and of course, she froze. So I had to prompt her a bit, but she did it. And after that, she paid really close attention to everyone else, which made my experience so much more peaceful than normal. It's so cool when they feel the spirit!!

dkkemp said...

Aw! That is so sweet! Carter is adorable! I can't wait for Tyson to say things like that to me! What a great family you have!

suzanne said...

And they shall be led by a child.........wouldn't it be so great if we all had the attitude of 'My turn?' and waited with anticipation of it being our turn to share how we felt about the Gospel......Thanks for the reminder Carter! Love you.......Gma