Friday, December 12, 2008

Gift giving

I made these for all of our residents and am planning on doing a few more for some friends. (sorry if you see this and then get one). Anyways, they are super simple, really inexpensive, and totally cute! Just take a festive piece of 12x12 paper, fold it in half, cut strips about 1/2 inch apart, 3-4 inches long (you don't have to be exact), and then wrap it around your bottle of SPARKLING CIDER using double stick tape. I made these little tags on top that open up to write a little message on top, but most of you probably don't have the 1 3/8 inch hole punch, so you can just use a gift tag you have and attach it with ribbon around the neck of the bottle.  I have to admit that this is not an original idea, I stole it from a magazine, but super cute, right?!



5 comments:

suzanne said...

Super cute and I'm thinking way easier than the 30 lbs of nuts awaiting me!

Unknown said...

Those are way way cute. You are so crafty. Do you work in the office of your complex or something? How many residents do you have? We have over 800 here, so I don't think we will be getting anything. But that is a way cute idea.
I am jealous that you have all these Chiropractic friends. We have NO ONE here. I was really looking forward to making friends with all the wives in our ward who's husbands were all going to school together...NOPE! Besides two others in our ward, we are the only ones and we are all so spread out, it's ridiculous. I am glad you guys are having a good time there. I can't believe that you guys will be done soon too. That is exciting

Jessie said...

Dani!! I am SO stealing your idea!! jk but really, they turned out so cute :) I still need to get my resident gifts, I think Im doing cookies & hot chocolate but not sure how to present them....

Jaime said...

what a fabulous idea!

Jeff and Amy said...

Dang, you're making me look bad. I'm not getting my residents anything. Are you guys required to get them something? Those are a way cute idea for gifts for friends - but I can't steal it now because everyone has already seen it!