Carter, Andi, and I made the trek down to Klamath this past weekend so that we could be there when Alli went through the temple for the first time. The session was first thing on Saturday morning. Our family friend Tabatha came over just so she could watch our kids while we went through the temple. The session was amazing. Going through with someone for the first time really made me listen to all the blessings that we are promised a little more closely. As I looked around at family members in the temple there together I had this amazing feeling that allowed me a small glimpse of what the eternities will be like with my family. It was a very spiritual experience (minus the giggling right before the session started). I love going to the temple.
After the session we all went out to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was delicious, of course. The rest of the afternoon we just bummed around and let the cousins play together. Towards the evening they all began to stink. Just toddler, stinky, sweaty, smells. So we plopped all the kids in Grandma and Grandpa's big bathtub. They loved splashing around together.
We went to sacrament meeting at my parents ward and my kids were angels! They knew that since their dad wasn't there that if they were naughty they would receive a beating. Of course not really, but they were amazingly well behaved. One of the counselors in the bishopric even came up to me afterwards and commented on how quiet and reverant my children were. My kids?! They were fooling everyone.
That afternoon Ben and Sharon weren't feeling so hot, so they stayed home with the sleeping kiddies while I went to my mom's Esquire Jazz Concert with my dad and Alli. It was so good! I just love that big band, jazz music. I could have sat there all afternoon. My mom sang exceptionally well. She just has the right voice for that kind of music. She's amazing. Check out the clip below.
Then I went back to my parents' home, packed up the car, and braved the five hour drive home. We hit some white out snows at the top of the Willamette Pass and then super dense fog from Eugene to Portland. We are lucky we made it home alive between the nasty weather and me trying to feed my kids one handed and changing DVDs all while watching the road and steering. I promise I was safe.
Congratulations to Alli for joining the "G-club." We are so happy for the decisions that you are making and look forward to having Nic join our family in just a few short weeks!
Thanks everyone for a fun filled weekend and for the laughs! "Speaking of pie holes!"
6 comments:
That is neat that you got to go through with your sister. Last year at this time I went through with my sister for her first time. It is an amazing thing that is hard to describe with words. So after reading your blog I thought I would read your Mom's blog because she appears to be an interesting lady. She was cracking me up - she is hilarious. You have a fun family:)
NOT FAIR! PUtting up a video without my permission........bad doobie daughter! Loved the post however!
What a blessing to have all your family in the temple together, amazing!
hey, check your email about thursday
Our kids loved playing with your kids! Can't wait for Christmas! And, thanks for putting up the video, I am glad I got to see some of it since I was too sick to see it in person!
so fun! your kiddos are adorable.
have you ever heard the shel silverstien poem "there's too many kids in this tub. there's too many elbows to scrub. i just washed a behind and i'm sure it wasn't mine, there's too many kids in this tub." that's what came to mind!
Post a Comment