Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thornton's Treeland

We went up to Thornton's Treeland in Vancouver today with our friends Hayley and Logan and some girls from her ward. It was the cutest little Christmas wonderland. There were of course acres of trees that my kids loved tromping through. 

Inside their barn was free hot cocoa, a Christmas gift shop and a huge nativity. (Sidenote: whenever Carter says Jesus, he says "Jesus Christ." It sounds horrible when he says it. I think he says it because at the end of prayers we say "in the name of Jesus Christ." So there was a "baby Jesus Christ" in the nativity, and last week when my parents were here Carter wanted to make a castle for "Jesus Christ" out of legos. We need to cut it down to just "Jesus.") 

Anyways... there was also a hayride that took you through their lot of trees and a petting zoo. There were sheep, goats, llamas, mini horses, bunnies, chicken, geese (who thought those were a good idea in a petting zoo? they bite!!!) and a J-donk or as Carter would say, JC-donk (aka donkey).  





We had such a good time. The weather was perfect. It was clear skies, sunny, and no wind! What a lovely day.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow, that place looks really really cool! We might have to make our way there today :)

Maylin said...

Good idea! I wonder if we could dig up some time to go before we move.

Maybe switch it up and end you prayers by saying "in Jesus' name, amen." Just a thought. Carter is so funny!

Jaime said...

That is gorgeous and that wreath is HUGE!! Great family fun outside with animals to pet - can you beat it?! I think not!

breena rae said...

ok, I love your hair! great color and cut. Is it easy to do?
anywho, that's pretty funny about Carter. We have to be careful when Brighton says "truck", it sounds like something else. So, when we're in public we always repeat "oh, yes, that's a truck!" so people don't think our kids swearing.

Rohatinsky Family said...

That is so funny about Carter saying Jesus Christ! I love what kids come up with.
Your hair is dang cute too. I just chopped mine off the other day too. You always look so gorgeous!