We did a jungle theme for his birthday, per Carter's request. We decorated with green streamers, balloons, and blow up monkeys.
Each of the kids got an animal visor.
We colored wooden animal magnets and animal coloring sheets.
Lunch time! Pizza, chips, fruit kabobs, and juice.
Then we opened presents. Carter loved all of his gifts! He got a tennis racket bubble set, Lightening McQueen frisbees, dress up disguise, automatic bubble blower, stamp set, Handy Manny tools, Handy Manny power tool, Spiderman kite, sidewalk chalk paint, Little Einstein rocket, baseball bat, among other things....
Next was animal cupcakes. YUM!
Thank you to everyone who came and helped us celebrate. Carter had a fabulous time!
After nap we had another little mini family party to finish up opening presents
We played with his new toys.
Then we got to eat his monkey cake. I got the idea from Family Fun, and though it looks almost exactly like the example, I'm not sure it looks like a monkey. :) Carter picked it out of a few pictures that I showed him, and I actually had a good time making it. I made it the night before and giggled every time I walked past it between then and when we ate it. I don't know why... it just looks funny.
Some 3 year Carter stats:
-Though he is just barely 3, we are having to buy him 4T pants to get them long enough. This limits the number of places that we can buy pants, however, because they have to have the adjustable waste band because he is so stinkin' skinny!
-He loves Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse cartoons.
-Some of his favorite movies right now (they change almost weekly) are "Madagascar 2,""The Incredibles," "Hercules," "Cars," "Jungle Book," & "Toy Story 2."
-He enjoys jumping off of things, climbing on anything, and wrestling.
-His favorite thing to eat is eggs and toast and requests this almost every morning.
-He says his favorite color is red, but he picks green if ever given an option. (he picked out all the green hershey kisses out of his potty treats, he picks out the green fruit loops, he picked out the green easter egg chocolates...)
-He is kind of sassy. Some of his favorite sassy sayings are, "Stop talking to me!" "You need to calm down." "Get out of here!" "Get off of me!" (when you tickle him and he doesn't want you to).
-He is very rough with Andi, usually in a playful way, but also has a very tender spot for her. If Andi gets upset when her diaper is being changed he'll bring her a favorite stuffed animal. He always looks out for her in nursery. He always tries to find her binky around the house to give to her (much to Mom's chagrin). If he ever gets in the fridge to get his milk he'll always bring Andi's to her too.
-He also has some little things he says that just make us laugh. If he can't do something, like a button up on a shirt, or pants he'll say, "That's a little tricky." He has a Buzz Lightyear watch/compass and if you try to touch it he'll pull away and say, "That's dangerous!" If he spills something or messes something up he'll say, "It's okay, it was an accident."
-He loves playing basketball and catch.
-His favorite thing to wear are his new red basketball shorts.
-Carter has worn his moose pajamas almost every night since Christmas. He has worn massive holes in the bottom of both of the feet, and finally this last week we hid them and told Carter that they were dirty and have distracted him from needing to wear them.
-Carter is a HOT kid. Yes, he's good looking, but I am talking body temperature. He sweats all the time. I am sure a lot of that has to do with his nonstop jumping, but really, he is hot and flushed the majority of the time. Almost every night Carter will take off his pajamas and sleep just in his pull up, and will still be roasting hot when we go check on him.
-Some of Carter's favorite toys are his Buzz Lightyear, all of his "Cars" toys, and his new Handy Manny toys are rapidly moving into the #1 spot.
-This boy LOVES to sing. I hear him in the morning singing in his room. We sing all through bathtime and very frequently at the table. If, however, I sing when he does not want me to, Carter will tell me to, "Stop singing!" "Sssssshhhh!" or "Be quiet Mom!" Another sassy moment.
-His favorite game is to play tigers or dinosaurs. We will crawl on all fours around the house being these animals, or we are being chased by these animals and will need to run and hide from them. When Dad gets home he is always the dinosaur or tiger and Carter, Andi, and I will hide in Carter's bed from him.
We cannot imagine life without this little ball of energy! Jefferson and I thank our Heavenly Father every night for this sweet, energetic, fun, loving little boy. We just love you Carter McKay!! Happy 3rd Birthday!
8 comments:
Oh my heck! What a fun birthday and busy weekend you had! Looks like so much fun! I still can't believe that he's 3! It seems like yesterday that we were in Utah and he was just born! Crazy how time flies!
Happy Birthday to Carter! We were glad we could be there to celebrate. Our boys had a great time at the party!
What a great post. I love the "that's a little tricky", so funny. What a fun boy. I so enjoy the pictures of your kids too. Andi cracks me up, she makes the funniest little faces.
Oh, what a sweet boy! I really can't believe it's been three years since I was driving down to the hospital in the middle of the nite! I love all of his sassy comments - what a funny little guy! Great pictures!
I recognize a few of those sassy comments - however, they are always followed by the loving ones! The party looked fun. Good job on the monkey cake. I can see why it made you giggle everytime you walked by it! Andi looks like a little vixen on her tiger rug! Love it!
Carter seems like such a sweet boy! Way to go on that cake - very impressive. Jeff has just bought that shark visor for Porter the other day - I think it totally looks funny :) Way to go on accomplishing such a busy weekend with ease!
Happy Birthday Carter! It's seems like your Mommy just had you and now she's on to your 2nd sibling! You are adorable and I can tell by your mommy's post that you are a very sweet and fun-loving boy! You would probably be great friends with Gwen hopefully we can play some day!
Happy Birthday Carter!
I can't decide which pic is my favorite...the monkey cake (so cute) or Andi with the disguise on... :)
Post a Comment