Jefferson headed back to school today after a two week "break." "Break" because he didn't have classes, but he still had half days of clinic every day. We still got to see him a whole lot more than when he's in class, so I can't complain. This is his last quarter of classes!!! Anyways, we took off for about five days to go to Boise and check out some potential practice opportunities for our very near future. There were some interesting moments along the way, but it turned out to be an overall, great trip. Josh and Jen were kind enough to house us for the duration of our trip and were excellent tour guides. They showed us some of the great spots in Boise, oriented us to West Boise/Meridian (where we would most likely end up), toured us through some neighborhoods, took us on walks, and took us to all the greatest eating establishments. Unfortunately I hardly took any pictures while we were there! Our friends the Hatch's met up with us for a couple of days as they considered the area too. It was fun to walk through some homes and imagine living without shared walls!! It looks like that will probably be our final destination.... more to come on that in the future.
The only time we thought to take a picture was at 11pm after a long day and we were all just lounging around.... nice.
This is Jefferson's dad, Jon, with Carol. You can kind of tell Jefferson and Jon are related:)
Here we are with Jefferson's half siblings:
While we were gone my mom did a fabulous job of taking care of our kids. She had a different craft for them to do every day: making easter egg bunnies, finger painting, making flowers, coloring wooden flowers, baking cookies, etc. She made them capes to run around in (which Carter wears all the time!), took them on outings, on walks, to the park, to OMSI, and even remembered to bathe them!! I was super impressed and pretty sure that my kids could have cared less when Jefferson and I returned home.
My mom stayed through the rest of the week when we got home and my dad met up with us on Thursday. There have been many trips to Fabric Depot and a lot of sewing! They got to come to my ultrasound on Friday, which was so fun! We also went to the mall and ended up playing in the fish ponds and on lots of little car "rides."
Saturday we went to the movies and during the priesthood session of General Conference, my mom and I took the kids to the park to feed the ducks, play on the playground and eat a picnic dinner. The fresh air and sunshine was much needed.
We spent the evenings playing Five Crowns and eating goodies:
My kids loved waking up to Grandma and Grandpa in the living room. Some day we'll actually have a guest room... wouldn't that be nice?!
My parents went home yesterday and we tried to catch pieces of conference while the kids played with their tunnels:
After both sessions we went on a long walk and ended up at the park for a bit. Again, sunshine=happy.
Today is another glorious day. I am loving not having to work. We had playgroup this morning and got to play outside for a good bit of time, I am drying apples now, and we plan on going on another nice long walk this afternoon. I wish the sun was going to stay, but we will take whatever we can get!
10 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip. We have really good family friends that live in Meridian and I love it. Its so nice. Thats great that your mom could come and watch the kids. How did the kids do at the movies. I've been wondering if Olivia is ready for that yet.
looks like such a fun time! a little vacation and then the parents, i don't think it could get much better!
you look way cute in all your pics by the way! :)
Whew! That was quite the trip for you guys and for me! I had the best time ever and I can't remember a time I have felt so unconditionally loved as I did by your kids! Thanks for trusting me with them! As promised, they were loved and fed! Great times and pics!
Wow! wait a good trip. I'm sad to think that you guys will be eventually be moving but happy that you will be starting a new chapter in your life! P.S. you have a awesome mom!
Glad you had such a great trip! I totally bought that apple shirt for Reece to wear next year! How funny! We have good taste. :)
Post more pictures of your belly!
Good times! Congrats on the Idaho decision! Maybe you'd still like to take a trip to Cali this summer? Like you said, sunshine=happy and we have a lot of that here!
Also, Galla has been asking for Carter. I'm sad we'll be missing his birthday party--I cannot believe it has been a whole year since that last one!!
What a great couple of vacation weeks! I'm so jealous you're almost done! That is SOOO exciting! Take it from someone who really appreciates that kind of stuff! Um, Jeff + Jon - TWINS! Jon's kids have grown up! Boise, though I've never been, I've had a lot of friends over the years from there and it sounds like a great area, congrats you guys - it only gets better from here!
What an exciting time you and your family are in. If you need a "sound board" to bounce future chiro ideas off, I'm here. Christian and I are more than willing to share our thoughts, and give tips if need be. I'm sure you two have a great game plan already, but still, its a big step, so if you need someone just to reassure you that your decision a great plan, we're here. Hugs! (Oh and I agree with Summer... Belly pictures are requested! hee hee)
So glad the Boise trip was for the more part (minus the interesting parts perhaps!) a success. I'm so excited for you guys to take that next step in life...and even though you're taking a few of them all at once that seems to be the way to go! We roll that way too and it's been working for us! :)
Sounds like a lot of fun. I too am enjoying the sun whenever it comes out. Like you said, "Sunshine=happy"! Too true.
Also, congratulations on expecting another beautiful girl. That is so much fun. I am 99% sure that we're having a girl...but it's probably all just in my head. I'm excited for you though. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.
Post a Comment