Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life:

Here's what we've been up to (in the past two days since I posted). We went to OMSI yesterday with our friends, the Culbertson's (Carolyn, Isaiah, Ava, and Eli). My kids always love it there. Unfortunately, we were unaware that it was "national take a field trip to OMSI day." I kid you not, there must have been 8 different field trip groups going through there. Luckily, the kids were older so they stayed out of the Science Playground where we always spend the majority of our time. It was still crowded, but fun.

Ava and Andi putting on a puppet show:

DJ Carter:

I used to always have to be within Carter's sight, or else he would freak out if he couldn't find me within .2 seconds of looking. Not anymore, apparently. Carter took off running the second we were inside, and never looked back. I was trying to keep my eyes on both the kids, and they usually were playing in the same area. But Carter ran off and after a minute I went to look for him just to check up on him and this is how I found him. He is apparently pretty capable. He took his shoes off, put on a smock, and was putting on rainboots so that he could go into the water area. 

Playing in the water... always a favorite:

Finger Painting:

Carter loved this air tunnel. A flying ball is pretty magical!


The kids at lunch:

Today Jefferson had to go to school and study. Part IV of the national chiropractic boards, the final part, is coming up in less than a month, so it's time to study, study, study. We all went out for a hot breakfast; Jefferson's idea. It was nice not to have to cook or clean up. But then he had to head to school and my house desperately needed to be cleaned. So the kids and I made a fun time of cleaning. I put on some fun music, we danced a lot, we painted the kitchen floor before we mopped it, both the kids got to take a turn vacuuming... we all enjoyed ourselves, and I LOVE having a clean home. 


After naptime, Jefferson came home and we headed to the fish hatchery since it was such a beautiful afternoon. The kids had a blast feeding the fish. 





10 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like a fun weekend, we actually went to the same fish hatchery on Thursday!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

What a fun couple of days!

suzanne said...

The kids and their flip flops just crack me up! Love that Carter remembered the routine of the smock and boots! Glad you had a few days of nice weather!

Tory said...

I am so jealous of your OMSI visits! We have a good time cleaning, too! Yesterday while I was washing the floors Bradlee was using them as a slip and slide, and everytime she fell down she would get up and say, "I'm OK, Mom!" LOVE IT!

Pieces of me... said...

You're such a fun mom Dani... and what a fun idea to paint on the floor!!

Rohatinsky Family said...

Cutest. Mom. Ever.

mom-jayne said...

So fun! Carter is really growing up. Good luck to Jefferson and his upcoming exam. Ugh! And I'm with you....nothing like a clean house. Love that you turned it into so much fun. Loves..

Taryn said...

Please tell Jefferson that Christian wishes him much luck on Part IV. He understands the pressures, and stress Jefferson is going through. It's an amazing weight lifted once he's finished. Just wait, it will be great!!!

You guys look great, by the way! hee hee Keep enjoying those beautiful Oregonian days!

Maren B said...

Whoa, where's the fish hatchery? GOod idea!

Dyan said...

fun family play time! nothing is better!