We are on day 5 of no poopy diapers for Carter!!! No, not because he is constipated, he has been going in the big boy potty!!!! If I am this proud of my child for pooping on the potty, I can't imagine the overwhelming sense of pride I will feel when he starts to read, scores a goal, gets baptized, graduates high school, or graduates college.
We left him in his underwear on Saturday night to go to bed. Usually we put a diaper on him and he will go poo literally within two minutes after us closing the door to put him to bed. We had finally had enough. He obviously can control his bowels just fine. Boy was he mad when he realized no diaper was coming his way!! We put his little potty in his room and told him he could come out if he needed to go potty, but we got a lot of tears, and no pooping. After he was asleep we put a diaper on him and hoped he wouldn't go poo in it when he woke up. He didn't. He would still not go poo in the morning. After church I was at a meeting and Jefferson was eating lunch with the kids and Carter said he had to go potty, so he did, by himself, like usual. He came out and told Jefferson that he had gone poo on the potty. Jefferson was skeptical and told Carter to show him. So he did, and he had gone poo!!! We made a huge deal of it and offered treats galore and did a potty dance when I got home just a few minutes later.
Same thing Sunday night and every night since, no diapers, but he still won't come out to go potty. (I never thought I would complain of my child being too well trained!) He went again Monday evening with a little encouraging from Jefferson. Then he was a little scared this morning, but I made him sit on the potty, because I could tell he had to go. I kept it positive and encouraging and he went again!!! I am hoping we have made it over the potty hump and that I will never have to change his poopy bum again! Tomorrow we are going to the Disney Store to pick out whatever toy he wants... he has already told us he wants the Buzz Lightyear gloves.
Way to go Carter Mac!!
11 comments:
Way to go Carter!!! Funny the things you are proud as a mom--huh?
Congratulations to all....
Woohoo for poopoo! I needed a postive potty story as I buckle down soon with Evan. I feel like it's achievable now!
Way to go Carter! If only I could get Gray to go even a drop of PEE in the potty!
Wow, that is great. I dread potty training Dax. Thanks for your heartfelt comment on my blog. It was much appreciated. Love ya
Way to go C-Mack! (Can't wait to see his cute face, Andi's too!)
That's right - that's my nephew being potty trained!
Carter - Grandma Z is sooooo proud of you and know how happy you must be to be such a big boy! I knew you could do it! I love you!
Huge victory! It's definitely grounds for excessive excitement. We are going through the exact thing with Finn right now and it makes me so happy.
Tyson is not gonna be there for a while, but I can totally imagine how awesome that day will be! Woo-hoo Carter! That is stinkin' awesome! (haha!)
Way to go CARTER! And way to go mom... it takes just as much effort and energy for you to help him get there. WAY- TO- GO!
From one mom to the other I can honestly say that I am very happy for you. It's a huge hurdle and you made it over! :) congrats Carter.
Post a Comment