Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tulips!

We headed down to Woodburn to go to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival today. It was so beautiful. I wanted to sing that primary song.... "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me." I wish I could have walked around the tulips to appreciate them a little bit more, but two toddlers had other plans. We met up with Sharon, Gray and Cal. Carter and Gray loved palling around together, and Andi tried to keep up.






They had a great kids area with fun things to entertain the little ones. There was a water pump duck race, and anything that has anything to do with water makes my kids happy. There were hay bales to climb on, slides to go down, tire swings... 



Carter went down this slide about a hundred times! He loved it... as did Andi.



It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon in this perfect weather. It is well worth the drive if you live in the area and haven't made it yet. 


9 comments:

suzanne said...

Well that looks fun! Beautiful babies! And tulips. And mommies!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like fun! Love all the tulips - so pretty!

Taryn said...

Love the sunglasses on Andi! Too cute!! You have such stylish little ones. hee hee. I wonder where they get it from! *wink*

Sharon said...

It really was a beautiful fun day wasn't it?! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Pieces of me... said...

That is such a fun place and I loved all those tulips! I'm glad you got to go, cause it's beautiful and perfect for kids! What a fun outing.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I am so jealous, Johnny and I never got over there with the kids. I am so sad that we didn't do that, it looked like you guys had such a great time!

Dyan said...

I love all the vibrant colors of the tulips...if it looks that good in a picture I'm sure it was just stunning in real life! What a treasure of a place to spend the day!

Maylin said...

I love that place. So fun and unbelievably beautiful!

jacque said...

those flowers are beautiful. they look photoshopped in.