Monday, June 1, 2009

Week in Review

Last week was a fabulous week full of fun. We spent one afternoon at the zoo with Trista and her two boys (one is actually her nephew) and Rachel and her three boys. That's seven kids under the age of three. It was great fun and all the kids had fun chasing each other and playing together. Andi was a little outnumbered, 6:1, but she keeps up with the boys just fine. I guess she was born on an off year for girls. We sat on the big lawn for lunch and watched the live bird show. It was fun seeing all the huge birds fly over the crowd. They were a little close to head level for my comfort and Taylor almost got hit by a hawk, literally, but it was awesome. There were owls that flew over, hawks, a turkey vulture (that would not go to it's perch and was literally just landing in the crowd trying to steal everybody's food... creepy), and my favorite, a bald eagle. The kids loved it!


With the beautiful warm weather we also enjoyed many an hour out running in the sprinklers. I love that it keeps my kids entertained for so long. 
We also spent Saturday morning bumming around the outlet malls and went out for lunch. The kids always love to ride those little quarter rides. If it makes them happy, it makes me happy.


That afternoon was a nice, hot one, so we headed to Blue Lake Park to BBQ and play in the water with our friends. We always love the sprayground, a delicious burger, and a round of frisbee.
Carter spent a lot of time with these:
 
Andi & Logan can always be found by the food:

We even braved the lake this time, though Carter is not technically old enough... oops.

Andi was definitely not old enough to sneak past the life guards so we hung out in the sand:

Andi playing with Chili:

Some of the friends:

13 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Andi is turning into one beautiful girl and Carter is handsome as always - you are going to have to be careful when they get older! Ahh!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a fun week! That lake looks like a blast! Can't wait to see those kiddos! (I guess you and Jefferson, too!)

Hannah said...

Oh fun! We're going to the portland zoo on the 13th. My boys are ecstatic!

jessyquita said...

Fun fun fun! I love the nice weather we're having :)

Jeff and Amy said...

Don't you just love the weather!! Last summer Porter was just learning to walk so this year it has been way fun playing outside. And you totally have the cutest kids!

Shauna said...

so fun--summer time is the best!

Sharon said...

What a fun week! That is funny about Andi being outnumbered, most of my friends have boys too!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Man you are so good at blogging! I can't keep up with you! Not only are you good at blogging, but your blog post are always filled with fun things. You are definitely a fun mom, and I need to be a little more motivated to do fun things to fill the kids' and my days!

The Henkel Family said...

Dani! You and your family are so cute! I loved your post about what each of your kids are into. It reminds me of some of the things Ella does and eventually what Jackson will be doing. So do you have names in mind for your new little girlie? Are you nervous for a third child? it seems manageable with two kids because chad can be holding one and I can hold the other but what do you do when you have a third? You'll have to let me know how you adjust! We're excited for you guys though! Hope all is well!

Tiffany said...

I see a Kunz or 2 in there! Blue Lake park is the best-so many cool things you get to go do that I miss sooooo much!

Pieces of me... said...

What a fun weekend! That's what I loved about Portland... there are so many things you can do. :) I love the last pic of Andi by the way. :)

Dyan said...

summer time is so great! Picnics, bbq's, water to play in...glad you're enjoying it all!

Miche said...

Blue lake park is the best! I never understood the rule about the beach, besides the pee thing I guess. I am glad you made it down there.:)