Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Due today!

I can't believe today is my due date! Instead I have a beautiful almost three week old daughter.
Although I do miss being pregnant already, there are a number of reasons I am so glad not to be preggers:

- I have a gorgeous daughter
- I can hold my bladder for 12+ hours!! FINALLY!
- I am sleeping better than I have in probably a year
- I can easily shave my legs, tie my shoes, and paint my toenails
- I can once again sleep on my back
- I have a little baby to snuggle any time I want!
- No lower back pain
- I can walk without constant contractions
- My wardrobe has expanded
- I can breathe much better
- And did I mention I have one beautiful baby girl?!

A few things about Taytum:
- She is long!
- She has long limbs, long toes, and particularly long fingers... even the CMA made a comment about how long her fingers were at Tay's last appointment.
- She has the cutest little dimple in her left cheek.
- She has a head full of beautiful dark hair. I assume that it will all fall out and turn blonde, but we are loving her locks while we can.
- She hasn't really cried yet and when she fusses, she is so easily consolable.
- She eats every three hours and I didn't even have to work at putting her on that schedule (we even usually get a longer stretch at night of 4-5 hours).
- She likes to have her hands up by her head when she sleeps.
- She doesn't really take her Nuk yet... I am really pushing it on her though.
- She is a phenomenal nurser! She is making my life so much easier right now.

I just love being a mom to three!

And just to show off her dimple:

15 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Taytum is just so precious! I am so excited to meet her in less than a week! She's so beautiful!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

She is gorgeous! Loved the post!

Hannah said...

I love the dimple, My Tater has one in that same spot too. It's not as deep as it used to be tho. She is just so super cute!

suzanne said...

That hair! And she looks sooooo long in that pink dress! Unreal! Did I mention she really looks like Carter did?

Sharon said...

She looks so much older already! I can't wait to see you all again next week!

Pieces of me... said...

Holy Cow, she already looks SO much older! I had no idea you were 3 weeks early. LOVE the dimple! :)

Trishelle said...

Hey, well I'll be!! You've reach you due date and have the very best souvenir!

Dani, she really is beautiful. It's great to hear you are enjoying post pregnancy life. You make me excited for that myself. (I was just told I must stay off my back for the duration).

Yahooo for healthy babies and happy families!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Holy hannah! What a beautiful girl! I can't wait to see her on Monday/Tuesday! I love the dimple!

Dyan said...

3 more weeks seemed like they would have gone on forever for some reason! Maybe it's just the July/August difference? Glad she's here to show off her beauty to us all. Did you say she's long? Wherever could she get that from?! I think we just expect that with your kids based off their parents and other sibs!

The Bell Family said...

She is soooo cute!

Rohatinsky Family said...

She is so cute and, like I said last time, I love all of her hair! I'm glad that she is a good baby and that things are going well for you guys. You're such a good mom though that she could be the worst baby and you'd still be handling it perfectly! Do you want to come and teach me some lessons after our baby comes? =)

Hayley Hatch said...

She is SO cute! I can't wait to see her dimple in person!!!

Hayley Hatch said...

hey! just wanted to let you know that the "big sister" shirt is at the Carter's Outlet...not too far from you house...oh, and there is also the "big brother" one is you wanted to make it a family event :)

The Skinners said...

She is beautiful! You look amazing too. I just had a baby in May and we have some of the same clothes!! So Cute

hannah

Maren B said...

Yea! I'm so glad you have an easy baby! What a blessing. She looks so sweet.