Friday, September 11, 2009

Boise or bust

We made a trip over to Boise last week to try to get everything lined up for our move in just over a week. It was an eye-opening experience, but we got our housing lined up and are figuring out the business part of it all. Jefferson had the chance to shadow his dad. It will be nice to have Jon close by to learn some of his adjusting techniques.
Yes, Jefferson looks very much like his dad. So much so in fact, that while we were in Taco Bell with just our little family of five, we noticed some lady looking at us rather frequently and after we were done eating she came over and asked Jefferson if he by chance was related to Jon Harmon. She was a patient of Jon's about a year ago. We just had to laugh.

After a couple of days we headed down to Twin Falls and stayed with Jefferson's Aunt Diane and Uncle Dave (who somehow escaped being in any pictures). Jefferson shadowed his uncle (who is also a chiropractor) and we played around Twin.
Aunt Di (aka Jefferson's second mom):
We went to a Bruin's football game (Jefferson's high school alma mater). Carter loved watching them and would not take his eyes off the field. We might have a future football player on our hands. Both Carter and Andi would stand up and dance every time music came on over the loud speaker. They kept us and everyone around us entertained.
We went down to Burley for an afternoon to visit Jefferson's Grandma and Grandpa. There is never a shortage of delicious food, and this time was no exception. We ate a delicious meal with homemade wheat bread with homemade jam with homegrown veggies, topped off with homemade apple pies. This is Great Grandma Berna with my kiddies:
Ali came over from BYU-I and Ashlee and Emmett came down with their kids. They spent a lot of time here enjoying Aunt Di's home baked goodies and treat drawer:
We also got to hit up the fair. All the kids loved the animals and tractors and mac trucks:
Tiffanie and Taylor did a lot of children herding for us. It was so great to have them around. They are awesome girls and I wanted to bring them home with me!
When it got too late Jefferson and Emmett took the kids home and put them to bed so the ladies could have an evening out at the rodeo. (sounds like such a selfless thing right? and it was, but who are we kidding, there was college football on). The rodeo was awesome. I decided that I really want to ride around the arena on a horse as fast as I can. It looks like so much fun! We got a good laugh over Ali hitting on one of the clowns... No, she really did. She went up to him after the rodeo to tell him that she thought he was "attractive." It was hilarious.
All the ladies minus Taytum, Kaleeya, and Aunt Di:
Then, the main purpose for all that family in one place was the blessing of our niece Kaleeya. It was a special day topped off with... you guessed it- more food! My kids enjoying their meal on the patio:
GB and Great Grandma Berna with their newest great grand daughters:
Kaleeya and Taytum, only 19 days apart:
We had a great time with everyone. Ashlee took some great pictures on the blessing day, so we'll be posting those as soon as we get them. There will be more to come on the Boise move soon...


10 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love that dress in the bottom picture! Taytum looks so yummy - I just want to snuggle her! Can't wait to see you all again....hopefully SOON!

Tori said...

Wow, that sounds like a busy trip. Hope everything goes well on your move to Idaho. You've got such a cute little family/!

jacque said...

Glad you guys got things sorted out...for now! ;) It is pretty crazy how much jefferson and his dad look alike. That is one thing I wish I could see with Skye being adopted and all...

Rohatinsky Family said...

I was just wondering where you were moving to. What an exciting time of life- new business, new home/town, new baby! If you need any help or a babysitter so you can get some packing done, let me know I'd love to help out! (Jenabug02@aol.com.) And could you pass the blessing on of having your baby 3 weeks early to me? I would so love to only be pregnant for 3 more weeks. =) Wait, let me rephrase that...I would so love to have a baby (the truth) in 3 weeks, compared to 6 (or 7 if I'm late).
And lastly, you are entirely too skinny to have just had a baby. Perhaps you could somehow pass that on as well?

Jessie said...

they do look so much alike! Oh and yes, graduating and entering the real world is an eye opening experience! Good luck with the move!

Pieces of me... said...

Wow... alot of stuff happen'n huh? Random, but Grandma Berna dresses so cute! Good luck with everything... this is such an exciting phase for you!

Robyn said...

I can't believe you're leaving :(

BUT I'm thrilled that you and Jefferson feel good about the move and excited to start a new chapter. I sure will miss you guys and your munchkins.

Dyan said...

What a fun couple of weeks! It's great Summer got to head up to your place and you had some sister time and time with everyone before you head off to Boise. And looks like Idaho was full of lots of family time as well. That's funny about Jefferson and his dad looking so much alike that a stranger could put them together! Oh, and Andi's ponytail with the braid is too cute on her!

Sharon said...

You guys had a fun filled week! Glad you had such a great time. I can't even believe you are moving in a week. We are happy for you guys but we are so sad that you will be so far away from us....

Emmett and Ashlee said...

So much fun. I finally have internet so I will put up some pictures tonight after I get them edited. I will send you your cute family pictures too. We had a blast with you guys.