Saturday, March 20, 2010

St Patty's Day

Apparently, after looking at everyone's blogs, normal moms serve green pancakes for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. Not me, I served green oatmeal. (I do pink pancakes on Valentine's Day) My kids did eat every last oat out of their bowl I might add. Of course there was a St. Patty's Day craft using their cute little hands to make shamrocks.
And we all wore green so that we wouldn't get pinched. Carter was on the look out. The second I put Taytum in her pajamas that night (which were purple with no green) you better believe that Carter gave her a nice big pinch. Nothing hard or anything, all in good spirit, but still... I think he had been waiting all day to catch someone not in green.
We finished out our very green day with corned beef and cabbage, green jello, and green lemonade.

Don't you just love days that are out of the ordinary?!

4 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I think holidays are just as much fun for mommies as they are for the kiddos! It sounds like you all had a fun time celebrating - and I think green oatmeal is fabulous; I'm just too lazy to make something for Reece that she can't feed herself very well yet. :)

Momma K said...

Yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only mom who didn't do green pancakes. I was feeling left out :). We did rainbow toast (way fun... Bread painted with food-colored milk and then toasted and with some cinnamon and sugar) and green eggs and ham :). I had to wrap my eggs up in a tortilla though because I just couldn't stomach actually watching the green grossness go into my mouth. The kids thought it was fantastic though.

Amy said...

Ha ha, I did green oatmeal too :) And yes, I do love days that are out of the ordinary!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Nic and I didn't even wear green. haha Thanks for celebrating it for us!