
I cannot believe Bentley is one month old already!! I feel like I have missed this whole past month and yet, I also feel that I have just really enjoyed this baby more than ever! I keep thinking that with each new baby the magic of having a newborn will wear off, or that I'll be too caught up in the other kids and life to enjoy them, but it just isn't true. I hold this girl any chance I get. She is delicious!
I also can't believe that she is
only one month. Due to some events that have transpired in our family, I feel like we had to jump right out of that new newborn phase. People will comment on how little or new she is and I stop a second and think, "You're right, she is really new still." I forget.

Bentley is a pretty sweet tempered little baby. She is a very awake and alert newborn. Even her pediatrician commented a couple of times about how alert she is. She doesn't sleep as much as my other babies have during the day and is just not as sleepy in general. My other babies I could put in a swing or bouncy seat and eventually they would just drift off to sleep without my even knowing it, but not Bentley. She will either remain awake or cry before she'll fall asleep. I remember in the hospital the first day she was born she was awake almost the whole day and I remember being very afraid!

She's pretty typical in the crying department for a newborn in the amount she cries. It is funny though, she goes from being perfectly content to screaming her lungs out in less than a second. There is no warning or build up to it. She has had a few moments where she is inconsolable and I feel like I am going to lose my mind, but for the most part she calms down pretty easily. She is great at putting herself to sleep. If I can't hold her I'll just put her down and she'll cry for a couple of minutes and then go to sleep and sleep like a champ. She eats every 3 hours during the day and every 3-4 during the night. She has been a good sleeper at night and there's only been a couple of times where she has woken up and not gone back to sleep.
She gave her first smiles a few days ago and they are yummy! We haven't caught them on camera yet, but we are working on it. She will track me around the room if I'm not too far away and will always turn towards my voice. She loves her mom, what can I say?
We are really loving having this baby Bentley around!
3 comments:
Look at those big eyes! She looks scrumptious! I just love the little pink furry outfit - so cute.
A month already? Seems like she's been here forever. Her little cheeks are starting to fill out a bit. And those big eyes - just like her moms!
What - you just had her...They get too big too fast!! She is way super cute!!
Post a Comment