Monday, March 28, 2011

Emmett

I don't even know what I want to say in this post. There have been so many thoughts running through my head since Friday, March 11. That was the day we lost our brother-in-law. We truly loved Emmett, and still do. He loved his family. He loved being a part of our big extended family. He was a funny guy and a people person. He was always networking with everybody, trying to connect people he knew to help them out. He made the best ribs I have ever had and he left before he could fulfill his promise to teach me how to make them!
During this time my testimony has been reaffirmed and strengthened as I have seen the Lord's hand in so many sweet moments. I know Heavenly Father is so aware of our needs. I have been strengthened by my knowledge of eternal families. I have been uplifted by the power of the priesthood. How grateful I am that my husband holds the priesthood. It has been a gift to many around us. I am grateful for family and amazing friends, not only of mine, but of the Corrigan family. They have been so mindful of our needs. We have felt the prayers and thoughts of so many.Some sweet moments over the past few weeks:
*Jefferson was able to bless Tytus after Emmett's viewing. It was a very spiritual event. There were about 10 men standing in the circle and I am quite certain that Emmett was there looking on, helping Jefferson say what he would have said. It was a beautiful moment.*Jefferson's Grandma Berna stayed with us a few nights and she and I were able to sit around and talk one afternoon and she shared a lot with me.*Being able to spend some time with extended family that we don't usually get to see. Not the best of circumstances, but we'll take what we can get.
*A lot of family was able to meet Bentley for the first time.
Like Grandpa LJay and Grandma Mitchy:
*Seeing the support of so many people for the Corrigans and for us. A lot of friends and ward members have been concerned about our well being and have helped out where they can.
*Seeing how strong and amazing Ashlee is. She is such a great mom and there is a whole lot of love in their home.
*The services were all done so beautifully. The spirit was there and there was a lot of love and support.

7 comments:

Emmett said...

Such a beautiful posting, Dani. My deepest sympathy for your entire family's loss. He sounds like he was an amazing person. I have kept your family in my prayers; particularly your sister-in-law and their five beautiful children. Big hugs from Oregon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. I wish I could've been there.

The Bell Family said...

I have been thinking alot about you and your family and extended family. Your sister in law sounds like such a strong woman, I have kept her and her kids in my prayers.

Pieces of me... said...

How wonderful it is to have the gospel in our lives, to know that we will all be together again in the eternities... this isn't the end there is so much more! God bless your family and Ashlee's

Dyan said...

Wow, I'm so behind on your blog! First off, it's still just heart breaking to hear about Emmett and I don't even know their family personally. It sounds like you will all continue to get the support you need through this. And Bentley! She's just a cute little thing, glad to see more pics of her. And Taytum, how about Tay-yum...because she is just so yummy looking! Okay, I really do want to talk to you again sometime in this life. I think things have been a bit crazy on both ends lately!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Such a tragedy, but so grateful to hear how the Lord has been mindful of Ashlee and all of your family throughout it all.

The Jen said...

So sorry to hear this Dani. I am so sorry for your family's loss. I cannot imagine what Ashlee is going through, I am so glad all your family is so close and supportive of each other. We will keep you all in our prayers.